Opinions on Rossi and Weirauch revolvers

SRvet

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Morning all. I am after opinions of the .32 calibre revolvers made by Rossi (model 89) and also Weirauch Arminus HW3. Essentially are they well made and accurate? It’s a long story but suffice to say I am limited to a revolver as well as the .32 calibre and I have a truly abysmal choice available in this country. Thanks in advance

I've owned a couple of Rossi firearms over the years.. (lever action pistol caliber carbine, and a .38 spl revolver).. I bought them mostly because they were super inexpensive at the time and I got a deal on them I couldnt pass up (I think I paid $200 out the door for the lever action back in the 90's at a gun show.. and paid less than $200 for the revolver a couple of years later)..

They are certainly not top quality firearms.. I wouldnt expect the same durability, fit and finish, etc that youre going to find in something like a smith and wesson or a colt revolver.. but for the price, they are dependable/reliable enough and both of my rossi's were accurate enough for any sort of hunting application (deer at 100 yards with a lever gun.. animal dispatch within 10 yards with a revolver, etc)..

If you were expecting to put thousands of rounds through the rossi I'd probably tell you to consider other options.. but if youre talking something like 25-50 rounds a year between the range and occasional use in the field.. I would think a little .32 would likely last you a lifetime..

Caliber aside, are there any other brands of revolvers available in your jurisdiction?

If you are allowed to reload, the 90gr Lee SWC bullet from their mold over a stoud load will penetrate as well as any 38.
I had a Rossi 38 as my 3rd or 4th pistol once, it was good enough to be passed to my sister for defence purposes.

Caliber aside, are there any other brands of revolvers available in your jurisdiction?
Not routinely without having a specific import from the US which would probably be prohibitive cost wise. The frustrating thing is that S&W 38/357 are widely available but the decision makers are refusing to authorise that calibre

As far as I know the Weihrauch Arminius HW3 is a blank gun (starter pistol)

Shoots 9mmR Knall blanks

Amusing story that may help answer your question, at least partly. Years ago my father had a Rossi revolver in 38 spl that was stolen. The thief then used the stolen gun to murder his wife's lover. After some legal wrangling, Dad got the little gun back, but my mother was a little aghast at having the thing in the house. "That thing has killed a man," she said. My father answered, "Yeah; so we know it works." Fast forward: I've shot it a little. maybe a hundred rounds. It shoots as well as my 2" barreled Smiths. My wife keeps it in her automobile (she has a concealed carry permit), and she trusts it. We know it works.

Not routinely without having a specific import from the US which would probably be prohibitive cost wise. The frustrating thing is that S&W 38/357 are widely available but the decision makers are refusing to authorise that calibre
If possible take a look at the particular specimen available to you from each manufacturer.

New or used, whichever has the best cylinder lockup, and or, the better trigger would tip the scales more than brand for me.

Neither will be quite like a S&W model 30 hand ejector but should provide years of service.

I think Taurus made some reasonable 32 H&R Mag and 327 Mag. I would put them a step higher in quality than the Rossi, and good value for $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LetaAvera2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?