Once Fired?

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
This sounds ridiculous to some, perhaps. "Nothing purchased here was for an Investment", simply a tool.
If you fire a few rounds through a New (Factory Fired Only) double, does this decrease the value, even by the slightest?

You'd think it would be in the best interest to make sure your purchase works, before considering selling .. idk. Thank you.

In my book if you are buying it for a investment then yes, it does decrease the value to a number prospective owners.

But I purchase my firearms to shoot them and not one of them has gone down in value. Now if I sell them I might not get as much for them after shooting them but then that is what I buy them for.

This sounds ridiculous to some, perhaps. "Nothing purchased here was for an Investment", simply a tool.
If you fire a few rounds through a New (Factory Fired Only) double, does this decrease the value, even by the slightest?

You'd think it would be in the best interest to make sure your purchase works, before considering selling .. idk. Thank you.
@Daniel Cary - if you purchase any firearm NIB Unfired and intend it to be an “investment” — don’t fire it ever….it loses some value instantly. Most Collectors pay a premium for older NIB Unfired firearms and that value increases if the gun comes in it’s original box, with original paperwork, cleaning tools, test target etc..
Once a gun has been fired (“once”) then firing a few more rounds thru it does little to impact it’s value….like a Virgin - you either are or you’re not, even “used only once or twice” - it’s Not the same.

I am also curious as to how the prospective buyer is going to be able to asess wether the rifle has been shot or not? As long as it is cleaned before inspection I cant see how?

I would hope that someone at the factory would have fired every firearm in the investment category.

DB

Buying a rifle and not firing it is like marrying a virgin and not sleeping with her to save her for the next guy.

(Typically used in context of keeping mileage low on a car).
@Certus - it’s similar but the main difference is that I “might believe” a Rifle is UNfired - the last Virgin Bride was named “Mary”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winorg

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani