on a lighter note...

I tell women this before we start seriously dating. I find it helpful to find women who truly share some of the same interest. But not always.

At 28 years old, I told a girlfriend this before we got married. Then she thought I hunted to much and wanted me to eventually stop hunting. We got divorced after the second hunting season we were married.

Several years and girlfriends later at 39 years old, I met another young lady. She knew that I liked to hunt and was no problem while we were dating over the next several (April thru end of August) months, through spring turkey season. Eventually, before fall hunting seasons, we got married.

Midway through the fall hunting seasons she insisted I needed to reduce and eventually wanting me to stop hunting.

We divorced at the beginning of the following year's hunting seasons.

Hunters and huntresses should be especially grateful for having such a loving and understanding spouse.

I tell women this before we start seriously dating. I find it helpful to find women who truly share some of the same interest. But not always.

At 28 years old, I told a girlfriend this before we got married. Then she thought I hunted to much and wanted me to eventually stop hunting. We got divorced after the second hunting season we were married.

Several years and girlfriends later at 39 years old, I met another young lady. She knew that I liked to hunt and was no problem while we were dating over the next several (April thru end of August) months, through spring turkey season. Eventually, before fall hunting seasons, we got married.

Midway through the fall hunting seasons she insisted I needed to reduce and eventually wanting me to stop hunting.

Hunters and huntresses should be especially grateful for having such a loving and understanding spouse.
A fellow in Mississippi was engaged and the invitations had already gone out when he said to his bride in front of her mother, "honey, we've got to change the date--the shell crackers are on the beds then." She turned to her mother and said "he's right mama, we've got to change the date!" GOOD WOMAN

FB_IMG_1669245619580.jpg

A fellow in Mississippi was engaged and the invitations had already gone out when he said to his bride in front of her mother, "honey, we've got to change the date--the shell crackers are on the beds then." She turned to her mother and said "he's right mama, we've got to change the date!" GOOD WOMAN
First date, take them hunting with you. BTDT.

So true, if I hear a crunching in the leaves, I am always looking for a deer. If I hear bark being scraped, I am always looking for that buck rubbing his antlers. Any noise of foot steps through the forest is a deer. This has and still is my experience in the woods for the last 40+ years. I am always looking for that deer that I can so plainly hear but this is what I know to be true, if you here a deer walking in the leaves then it is a squirrel, if you don’t hear anything at all then you might be listening to a deer.

1669264962222.png

Yep, "Scotch" tape. Named by a painter in a General Motors body shop. 3M didn't put adhesive in the middle of the tape and the rest is history.

From Wikipiedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_Tape

The use of the term Scotch in the name was a pejorative meaning "parsimonious" in the 1920s and 1930s. The brand name Scotch came about around 1925 while Richard Drew was testing his first masking tape to determine how much adhesive he needed to add. The bodyshop painter became frustrated with the sample masking tape and exclaimed, "Take this tape back to those Scotch bosses of yours and tell them to put more adhesive on it!"[7][8] The name was soon applied to the entire line of 3M tapes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GastonBrad

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!