Norma BondStrike 30-06 Or 308 Win 180gr - $249 Per Case + Free Shipping On Either (200 Rounds Per Case)

RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION

Sponsor
Since 2023
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
ravenrocksprecision.com
Deals & offers
Media
This deal comes out to $1.25 per round with free shipping. It's probably the best deal we've got going on for loaded ammo right now.

30-06 Spring 180gr Bondstrike - $249 (free shipping)

308 Win 180gr Bondstrike - $249 (free shipping)

If you shoot 38 Cal, don't miss out on the 1500 ct box of 158gr JHP bullets for only $109.77 per box (7.3 cents each)

3006bondstrike.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any experience with these Bond Strike bullets and how they perform on game animals? Are these a tough bonded bullet that retails weight or more of a rapid expansion bullet that might break apart or shed weight quickly?

And especially how these loads compare to the A Frame 308 rounds sold in that earlier sale. I couldn't find the speed they are clocking to compare either.

Does anyone have any experience with these Bond Strike bullets and how they perform on game animals? Are these a tough bonded bullet that retails weight or more of a rapid expansion bullet that might break apart or shed weight quickly?

And especially how these loads compare to the A Frame 308 rounds sold in that earlier sale. I couldn't find the speed they are clocking to compare either.
Bob,

Some more info here from a previous thread:

@Puddle for his comments/experience.

Bob,
I tested a box of the .30-06 180 grain BondStrike when they first came out. Nominal MV is 2,756 fps, but thru my 24" Lilja barrel I recorded 2,630 fps for 10 rounds. To date my barrel has only been fed 180 grain cup-n-core and bonded bullets across its 20+ year life and those bullet types perform best from that barrel between 2,710 - 2,745 fps MV. The factory ammo grouped good enough for big game out to perhaps ~200 yards. When Norma loosens their grip on the 180 grain BondStrike and make them available for handloading I'll be buying a pile of them for loading to my barrel' sweetspot.

Until Norma does that, I've been handloading the 143 grain BondStrike out of my 6.5 CM 22" factory barrel to a 2,751 fps MV using 6.5 StaBALL powder. An 88% load density produces the most consistent accuracy with that powder for me, and I've used that load on 3 cow elk now, deliberately aiming for big bone to compare results with its older sibling, the Oryx.

Now, 3 examples are not a trend, but my initial impressions are the BondStrike is just a touch tougher bullet than the Oryx. Not by much though, perhaps indistinguishable. More dinners need to be knocked down before a clearer picture emerges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanceas

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.