New member from Sweden

cmk

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Sweden, Mauritius, Namibia
Hi all, been reading this forum on and off for a few years, but thought it might be time to join so that I could take an active part in discussions.

Have been hunting for 15 or so years, but not very actively so - about 5-7 days per year. Mostly in my home country, apart from one trip abroad (Mauritius - which is technically Africa) which happened to include a hunting day with borrowed gear, so not a real safari trip by any means :)

Hope to take part in discussions and gain some insights into my newest rifle/caliber - the 404Jeffery, which I hope to take to Africa for a proper safari hunt.

/cmk

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to the great forum cmk.
Good luck and all the best.
404Jeffery is my favorite caliber for dangerous game.
Witold

Välkommen ombord!

Lots of great info here, looking forward to hear hunting reports from another fellow Swede.

//Gus

Hi all, been reading this forum on and off for a few years, but thought it might be time to join so that I could take an active part in discussions.

Have been hunting for 15 or so years, but not very actively so - about 5-7 days per year. Mostly in my home country, apart from one trip abroad (Mauritius - which is technically Africa) which happened to include a hunting day with borrowed gear, so not a real safari trip by any means :)

Hope to take part in discussions and gain some insights into my newest rifle/caliber - the 404Jeffery, which I hope to take to Africa for a proper safari hunt.

/cmk
Welcome cmk you .404 is also one of my favourite rifles and is more than sufficient for any African game. Enjoy the forum and let is know if you need any help with the planning.
My best

Hi, and thanks for the welcoming.

/cmk

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH.
I sent a PM re tech issue. :)

Welcome aboard cmk. I too recently purchased a 404 Jeffery in a Custom CZ 550. Mine is going to Africa in July on the Group Hunt with Paw Print Safaris. Due to the cost of ammunition and that I'm an avid reloader I will be using hand loaded ammunition. After getting a lot of input from other AH members I've settled on 84 Gr of H4350 pushing a 400 Gr. Swift A Frame bullet. I was shooting my rifle with Iron Sights, but have now decided to mount a 1.5 -4x Nikon scope on it. How long have you had your 404 Jeffery? What make is it? What kind of ammo do you use?

Welcome cmk to AH! Your 404 sounds like it is asking you to take it on a DG Africa hunt(y)!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome Sir, the forum is great ! There are very many helpful veteran hunters about.
cheers :D Beers:

Pat

Welcome aboard cmk. I too recently purchased a 404 Jeffery in a Custom CZ 550. Mine is going to Africa in July on the Group Hunt with Paw Print Safaris. Due to the cost of ammunition and that I'm an avid reloader I will be using hand loaded ammunition. After getting a lot of input from other AH members I've settled on 84 Gr of H4350 pushing a 400 Gr. Swift A Frame bullet. I was shooting my rifle with Iron Sights, but have now decided to mount a 1.5 -4x Nikon scope on it. How long have you had your 404 Jeffery? What make is it? What kind of ammo do you use?

Shootist43:
Although I can see that you found it, the gun in question is discussed in this thread:
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/404-jeffery-lh-build-on-a-budget.41568/

US powders are - if at all available - usually more expensive than domestic (Norma) or semi-domestic (Vihtavuori), but thanks for the tip anyway.

/cmk

Welcome to AH !

Welcome too AH cmk! Glad you joined the conversation.

Welcome to AH!

cmk, I just took a look at a Powder Burn Rate Chart to "compare" Norma's powders to H4350. The MRP 2 is considerably slower but N205 appears on the same line. That leads me to think that you may have better luck duplicating H4350 results using the N205. You cannot use powders with similar burning rates interchangeably, but their similar burning characteristics can point you in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelisaWech

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?