New from North Carolina

Welcome welcome welcome

I have been lurking for a while but I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a Africa trip. I have a group of definitely 5 and maybe 6 hunters, one being my 13 year old son. We have hunted all over North America together but this will be the the first Africa trip for any of us. We are interested in plains game for this first go round, kudu, eland, gemsbuck, oryx, blue and black wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, zebra and warthog just to name a few. My son loves fishing so that would be a plus. We are looking to go in 2025 sometime during June, July or August when my sone is on summer break. I'm actually looking forward to the hours of research and planning. Thank you for putting together this great research tool and I appreciate all the knowledge that is shared on this site.
Hallo Greylin

Welcome to AH, We will be happy to help you with your first Safari. I have send you a PM

Hello and welcome from a fellow Tarheel!

I have a group of definitely 5 and maybe 6 hunters, one being my 13 year old son. We have hunted all over North America together but this will be the the first Africa trip for any of us. We are interested in plains game for this first go round, kudu, eland, gemsbuck, oryx, blue and black wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, zebra and warthog just to name a few. My son loves fishing so that would be a plus. We are looking to go in 2025 sometime during June, July or August when my sone is on summer break.

Hello Sir,

Please feel free to contact us anytime. Hosting groups, families, and couples on safari is our specialty at Limcroma Safaris!

If you are interested in what awaits you on safari with us, here are some links to a few safari videos from families who have hunted with us.

I have been lurking for a while but I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a Africa trip. I have a group of definitely 5 and maybe 6 hunters, one being my 13 year old son. We have hunted all over North America together but this will be the the first Africa trip for any of us. We are interested in plains game for this first go round, kudu, eland, gemsbuck, oryx, blue and black wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, zebra and warthog just to name a few. My son loves fishing so that would be a plus. We are looking to go in 2025 sometime during June, July or August when my sone is on summer break. I'm actually looking forward to the hours of research and planning. Thank you for putting together this great research tool and I appreciate all the knowledge that is shared on this site.
Hi Greylin, East Cape will be a great combo option between excellent plains game hunting plus ocean fishing..... My team & I are well-oiled in hosting hunting groups (and you will be with us exclusively, no other hunters in camp. I am also an Ocean Boat owner, and as a Skipper been fishing our waters since 1987!....Our Beach House with Ocean Boat is only 90 minutes from Hunting Camp, so the logistics is a piece of cake! You will be in awesome hands, so please get in touch, I would certainly love to send you an all-inclusive package offer with zero hidden costs!!!...in fact, my 2025 offers are ready to be sent as soon as you make contact directly. Best Wishes and good luck with the gazillion trillion suggestions/offers during your research!

Good evening sir.
We will be able to assist you in the Lowveld of South Africa.
Our hunting area is bordering the Kruger National Park with a wide abundance of game to hunt and with the Klaserie River flowing through the hunting area we will be able to do some fishing as well.

Will send you a PM.

Kind regards
Derian

Hi Greylin

We can assist you and your hunting party with a plains game hunt down in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. I will send you a private message.

Kind Regards
Juan Stander

Good day! Welcome to AH!
If you're interested in hunting the Limpopo or North West Province, please have a look at our website! www.executivehuntafrica.com
We would like to put a package together and make your Safari one to remember!!
Best regards
Johan

Welcome to AH

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. This is such an awesome site...
I believe I have PM'd everyone with more details about our group and what we are looking for.

Good luck with your search. If it's any help, I've hunted with several outfitters, and @LJ SAFARIS delivered the best safari I've had to date. Plenty of trophy quality animals across the species you're after and great people to hunt with. If you're interested, you can read about it here:

Hello Greylin
We can also accommodate your group and have all the animals you mentioned.
We do not have any fishing in our area as we are in the Kalahari desert but the hunting is phenomenal.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome! If a may do any suggestions, here it my opinion.
For a first Africa experience and specially for plains game and large group of hunters i would definitely check only South Africa for fenced hunt and Namibia for free range.
These 2 options are the ones that will offer the best accommodations and lowest prices (with big difference).
IMO I think that if you go to Africa from the USA for plains game, the best option is Namibia given that for a fenced hunt you can get in Texas for almost the same price and without the need to travel overseas… and the vegetation is incredibly similar in certain areas.
I do not want to hijack this thread but I haven't seen any prices coming out of Texas that is remotely close to what we are offering in SA. Yes Namibia has free range hunting, they also have fenced areas as well. Everyone is here to learn, to do research and to help each other, there are good outfitters in both countries that hunt big areas and sustainable areas. All this negative talk about South Africa and fenced areas makes it difficult for honest SA outfitters to do business. Guys should do proper reseach, book with reputable outfitters and not book the cheapest hunt out there, receive the worst experience possible and then put the whole of South Africa under the same bracket.

Welcome! If a may do any suggestions, here it my opinion.
For a first Africa experience and specially for plains game and large group of hunters i would definitely check only South Africa for fenced hunt and Namibia for free range.
These 2 options are the ones that will offer the best accommodations and lowest prices (with big difference).
IMO I think that if you go to Africa from the USA for plains game, the best option is Namibia given that for a fenced hunt you can get in Texas for almost the same price and without the need to travel overseas… and the vegetation is incredibly similar in certain areas.
Not to hijack the trend.
But you're absolutely wrong about hunting in Texas vs Africa.
Not only about prices but as an experience overall.

Welcome to AH from from Lincoln County, NC.

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. I leave on my first trip to Africa in just a few days. I can honestly say that the information that I've gotten here on AH has been invaluable in planning the trip.

I'm up in Buncombe County but thankfully outside the Asheville city limits.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitzi0685

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,