"New" Colt Python - Mfg. since 2020

I have seen one French double action revolver in .357 Magnum caliber.
I do not recall the model number.
It did for sure look I suppose, made well enough, considering it was the 1980’s.

S&W was beginning to weaken and decay during that time.
The French .357 appeared no better or worse than a 1980’s made S&W comparable Model.
(It somewhat resembled a Model 686 S&W).

That French revolver and the early 1980’s made S&W Model 686 as well, inspired no more than a yawn from this senile old Revolver Grump.
@Velo Dog
Still can't go past a nice single action revolver or a lovely tuned 1911 45acp to make a statement.
Both iconic pieces.
I do like the Browning 9mm Hi Power as well. It's just a pity it doesn't come in 45 cal.
Bob.

I have seen one French double action revolver in .357 Magnum caliber.
I do not recall the model number.
Most probably Manurhin mr73
This revolver is considered as iconic European revolver, side by side with German Korth revolver.
mr73 is issued to French gendarmerie, police and special forces GIGN.
New GIGN officer is issued Manurhin on day taking the duty, like symbol of the special force.
There was at least one french movie MR73.
Each revolver tested for reliability and accuracy before sending from factory (accuracy 25 mm/25 meters, or maybe even 20 mm/25 meters, something like that).
They are made with conversions to take 9x19, as well.
Have adjustable trigger pull

There is sporterised version manurhin mr38 match, for competitions

Old company ceased to exist, today manurhin revolvers are produced by Chapuis arms

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.25.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.25.31 AM.png
    953 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.25.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.25.33 AM.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 29
I,d say grab one for that price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huixinzhouli682

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!