My new Big Bore!

Congrats on the beautiful new addition!

What a beautiful rifle!! Good for you!!

Beautiful piece! Congratulations on a great buy, the big bores are getting harder to find every day especially that nice.

I was watching that auction and almost bid but have a couple other guns I’m chasing/hunting for, for my Winchester collection
So you know how well it was bought, let’s keep that between us lol And thanks for not driving it up!
I kinda thought someone here on the forum would be bidding against me. I owe you a beer!!!

So you know how well it was bought, let’s keep that between us lol And thanks for not driving it up!
I kinda thought someone here on the forum would be bidding against me. I owe you a beer!!!
I was kicking myself for not bidding since it went way under value. It was very tempting not to bid with 10-15 minutes left.

Fantastic rifle! Congrats!

She a beauty. But then again, which New Haven made control round feed Winchester Model 70 isn't ?

I just wish that yours had a 24" barrel. With a 22" barrel, it becomes a little challenging to achieve above 2050-2060 FPS out of a .458 Winchester Magnum (esp. with the Model 70's relatively long throat).

She a beauty. But then again, which New Haven made control round feed Winchester Model 70 isn't ?

I just wish that yours had a 24" barrel. With a 22" barrel, it becomes a little challenging to achieve above 2050-2060 FPS out of a .458 Winchester Magnum (esp. with the Model 70's relatively long throat).
With a long throat, could it not be loaded long to increase available case capacity, essentially making it functionally a 458 Lott? Or is the magazine too short to allow that?

With a long throat, could it not be loaded long to increase available case capacity, essentially making it functionally a 458 Lott? Or is the magazine too short to allow that?
It could work as a single shot, though.

Beautiful rifle! And yes, I swore off gun buying at least a half dozen guns ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.