More thoughts on 9.3x64

I own a couple of 9,4x64 rifles, great and versatile caliber.
For medium/heavy game, including plains game, I prefer bullets like the Accubond or other lead-core bullets with 250gr weight. Most of this bullets offer a high B.c. which last in high energy also in 300 m distance with flat ballistics.

If you intend to hunt buffalo with the 9,3x64, which is possible, you should focus on real premium bullets as heavy as possible like A-Frame, North Fork or check if the 320gr bullets from Degol or Woodleigh are available.

For our European game, especially if lead-free is requested, bullets like the 230gr Aero ( http://www.styriaarms.com/aero.html ) can be recommended, good ballistics due to good B.c. makes the caliber versatile.

The 9,3x64 is in my eyes a very precise caliber and so far I did not had any disappointments regarding non-precise bullets...

I had shot many Brenneke cartridges, including 7X64, 8X64S and 9.3X64. I felt the 8X64 was redundant and sold it off keeping the 7mm & 9.3mm... if I had been sharp that day, I would have went the other way around and kept the 8mm and sold the other two. However, I love my Ruger M77 Brenneke's... shot a lot of game with them, mostly with S&B TUG's.

The 7x64 and 9.3x64 sound like a nice combination.

The 7x64 and 9.3x64 sound like a nice combination.
The bottom rifle pictured is the 7X64 Brenneke.

20240114_084853.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruby

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?