Medium game with a 505 gibbs or 500 jeff

The 505 Gibbs should be about right for Armadillo. Those up armored possums are pretty tough.
IMG_20231112_200933659.jpg

The 505 Gibbs should be about right for Armadillo. Those up armored possums are pretty tough.
I think your right. This lepper tortoise fell to my 10mm, but it almost got me. Note the tail I almost shot off. I guess shot placement really is everything, but to be fair it was at a full charge.

If you can hit it it will be game over.....these are not pg cartridges but rather designed as DG sort the shit out when it is needed.....
Bad idea to use as pg cartridge.....

What are the details on your .505. It’s a beauty
It was built by JK Cloward out of Seattle on a CZ 550 action. 24" barrel, and I think it's 14" length of pull. It fits me well, as far as I know but admittedly I wouldn't really know if it didn't. It came with a trijicon RMR that I haven't mounted yet and 10 rounds of Norma ammo.

I think some folks get bored post this crap once and sit back and chuckle.......stupid idea to say the least.....
New poster stirring the pot and being clueless....wannabe....

I think some folks get bored post this crap once and sit back and chuckle.......stupid idea to say the least.....

I applaud the effort. Most men wouldn't even try.
She was tangled in a fence and I was trying to help her, unfortunately with the language barrier she misinterpreted my intentions and laid a leg bone upside my head. In the end, she was running wild and free again, and able to tell her homies how she spanked one of those "camo clowns."

She was tangled in a fence and I was trying to help her, unfortunately with the language barrier she misinterpreted my intentions and laid a leg bone upside my head. In the end, she was running wild and free again, and able to tell her homies how she spanked one of those "camo clowns."
Hahaha well put!

I don't agree... many gun enthusiasts are drawn to big bore cartridges and rifles, but have a hard time justifying indulging those desires to their spouse or even themselves... so they start looking for other potential targets and uses... as in; "This .505 Gibbs would be a perfect hog gun." Or; "What I need for handling these tough swamp deer is a .500 Jeffrey."

I fully support (and utilize) these delusions... I also formally renounce the idea that all one needs is a single .30/06.

For swamp deer or hogs go for gold......for Africa wake up to reality......

Certainly not 500.......
30-30 for hogs and swamp deer is the first caliber that pops into my mind......but hell what do I know about hogs and swamp deer....

CEB makes a .485gr safari raptor in .505dia. that I'm curious about. Has anyone tried this style of bullet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomoha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.