booker

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Spain and USA
I will be flying from Atlanta to Johannesburg next month on Delta can anyone please tell me if I am required to wear a mask on the plane (coming and going)? I have asked a couple guys around here and the Delta site is thin on info and not to mention the 1:40 minute wait time for their phone service.

Have mask, and spare mask in the pocket, and hope for the best.
I flew in last few months with several air line companies, (but not Delta), and only norwegian airlines did not require wearing the mask.

If Delta, is in some joint venture line service with other airlines, then the standard will be the same for all. Espeically for mask.

I flew delta a few weeks back. No mask required until landing in Jo’burg. The Jo’burg airport has mandate, so we were required to mask up before getting off plane.

Flew 3 weeks ago, no masks coming or going, just deplaning in Joburg.

I flew United on my trip there 3 weeks ago. They told us we had to wear them at the request of the South African govt. When they did the first drink round everyone took them off and did not put back on. I came back 2 days ago and no one wore them and they never said to.

Flew United May 17 over. Returned June 9
Only time I wore a mask was when we had arrived Tambo. Had to have on to exit plane. On return. As soon as boarded plane took off. As most did. Nothing ever said about masks while on plane.

Delta dropped the mandate the day after the Florida ruling. We flew that day (much to our delight) and I have been on three international flights since on American and KLM. No masks required.

Last edited:
No masks to London and back last week. Ironically, I flew home the last day that negative COVID tests were required for entry into the US. I dutifully tested and was negative. Someone must have fudged their results as I managed to contract COVID on the way home. No worse than a mild flu or cold, but a pia nonetheless. Sure glad we had the test mandate in place!

As the old saying goes:
It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Just throw one in your pocket and go

I just flew to SA from Newark, the gate agent said you had to wear a mask, once onboard, the flight attendants said no mask. Same for returning. While in SA you will have to wear a mask in the airport and in stores. There is also a great place to get your Covid test at the JNB airport, it is 350 Rand, about 22.00 US dollars, you have your results in 10 minutes or less.

Nobody really care about masks here anymore....yes have it with you and if somebody sais something just put it on.....

Thanks for responding everyone. I greatly appreciate it.

Keep a mask with you. It doesn't take up much room.

I just returned from Central and Eastern Europe. No masks required on plane going and return or Inter-European flights. The only place that required a mask was Vienna, on public transportation and stations, and a N95 mask no less. No one asked for a Covid Card, except on return to the USA.

According to the points guy, link below (which is updated about every 15 days) it seems that Africa is still in Covid mode.

QR code:

Last edited:
No masks needed in SA since last week, so now you won't need it onboard and on arrival as well..

Back to normal I guess

No mask!

Your airline is the final word on this. Refer to their travel instructions.
It appears that all has been lifted.

Only thing thing they ask for going into joburg Airport on arrival is the form saying what seat and where you been...this was yesterday...unfortunately I couldn't get my bags checked through to lusaka so had to go through immigration etc and recheck...the ones collecting the form I told am only going in to recheck bags and out again...he took my blank form and said you talk too much just go....asked Airport staff about masks as they had them on...she said no you don't have to wear them but we do...no masks...no test proof...no proof of vaccination...going back out I guess thst depends on country you heading to....on rechecking at desk and at gate had to show my vaccination document...which we get easy here straight from zambian gov health website...as proof of vaccination or a test (if not vaccinated)is still required here to enter zambia...so for SA nothing needed...all crap gone...hopefully here will follow suite soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBending

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….