AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
I am wanting to take my wife and daughter to Africa. Hunting is obviously the reason but experiencing several game parks
and other activities are just as important! I have only been to Africa once so I could really use some input. Thanks in advance guys
this place is such an awesome wealth of information. My only target animals are a waterbuck and nyala, the girls aren't real picky

Any can arrange a side trip to the falls. I am doing it this year and have done it in the past.

The majority of AH sponsor outfitters around here will be able to take care of you.
Maybe consider hunting in the Limpopo with easy access to Kruger and then onto Vic Falls??

GREAT PLAN. LIMPOPO HUNT - KRUGER (OR KRUGER THEN LIMPOPO) - BACK TO JBURG AND LEAVE GUNS WITH ONE OF GUN PERMIT / OVERNITE HOUSES AND ON TO VIC FALLS.

Can’t help with the Nyala, but if you want a great hunt on the border of Etosha National Park with lots a family activities and good hunting, QHS Namibia is a great option. Travel to Victoria Falls is not difficult, and getting into Namibia is easy and simple.

My wife and I went to Vic on our safari. Most any outfitter can arrange it, and it’s a beautiful place.

I’m sure any outfitter can arrange it, but honestly you don’t need an outfitter to arrange a trip to the falls. We stay at the Stanley & Livingston when we are there.

I did the same thing with Gunter Bierbaumer. We had an amazing trip. I’m sure other outfitters will do the same, but Gunter was a fantastic guide, historian, and travel agent!

These folks were great at arranging side trips:

Hi Kevin
We can certainly Hunt your desired animals as well as visit Kruger, we have a camp within the greater Kruger, that we can hunt from as well, giving you the full combination.
Vic falls is far from us, but we can certainly make all the arrangements for you.

Please feel free to email me direct.
info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers Ernest

I am wanting to take my wife and daughter to Africa. Hunting is obviously the reason but experiencing several game parks
and other activities are just as important! I have only been to Africa once so I could really use some input. Thanks in advance guys
this place is such an awesome wealth of information. My only target animals are a waterbuck and nyala, the girls aren't real picky

Hi Kevin

Our concession is one hour out of Victoria Falls within Matetsi Safari Area and probably the best suited for you to have access to Victoria Falls and Hwange National Park.
There are direct flights into Victoria Falls International Airport and coming from the US I would recommend flying Ethiopian Airways who fly from Dulles into Addis Ababa then direct to Falls. It cuts out the extra hassle of clearing your weapons in South Africa and you would need to overnight in Johannesburg.
Our accommodation is suited to families and if you visit our website you can get an idea of what we have to offer.
The only issue is that Nyala do not occur anywhere around Vic Falls and you would have to travel to get one. Otherwise we offer the full spectrum of species which all occur in unfenced wilderness.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like me to quote you.

Kind regards

Abe

Contact Deon West with Cloete and West Safari. He hunts there and his wife schedules a lot of trips in this area. She is awesome and you will want for nothing from the time you leave the states until you return.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same thing with Gunter Bierbaumer. We had an amazing trip. I’m sure other outfitters will do the same, but Gunter was a fantastic guide, historian, and travel agent!
what is the name of the outfitter?

If you hunt along these Zambezi in Zimbabwe you are close. Botswana Zambia and the caprivi in Namibia are also close and you will drive through some spectacular park(s) en route! Last time my son and I did Victoria falls was at the end of our Caprivi hunt (2.5 hr drive.) Lunch at the Safari club in vic falls was amazing... I'd like to spend more time there next trip! The falls were okay too.

If you hunt along these Zambezi in Zimbabwe you are close. Botswana Zambia and the caprivi in Namibia are also close and you will drive through some spectacular park(s) en route! Last time my son and I did Victoria falls was at the end of our Caprivi hunt (2.5 hr drive.) Lunch at the Safari club in vic falls was amazing... I'd like to spend more time there next trip! The falls were okay too.
who did you hunt with?

Byron Hart, John Westhuizen and Jaco Oosthuizen (diff operators) - Byron knows every operation in Namibia (Bots, Zambia too!) and the local couriers to take you to the Falls if he's tied up. In Zim, Shangani Safaris.

I will be doing this in 2024 as well. While I want to have lunch at the historic Victoria falls hotel I do not want to pay $500 per night for the privelige. What is the best hotel close to that hotel please?

Following along with this one. I’ll be hunting in Zim for the first time in 2024 and will be spending a couple of days in Vic Falls, just it sure about the details on that. Hopefully I can get some good ideas from the more experienced folks that have spent time in that area.

I will be doing this in 2024 as well. While I want to have lunch at the historic Victoria falls hotel I do not want to pay $500 per night for the privelige. What is the best hotel close to that hotel please?

Town is very busy. Helicopter traffic can be heavy. We prefer to stay outside town at the Stanley & Livingston and shuttle into town for lunch on the veranda, a visit to the falls, dinner cruise, etc. the helicopter tour is definitely worth the price of admission.

Hi @kevin masters ...........I did this very thing......Flew into J'burg and hunted Nyala and waterbuck with Tsala Safaris, then wife and I took Rovos Rail train journey of 3 days to VicFalls (something that will never be forgotten).......all easily arranged..........best of luck with whatever you choose......FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syncro76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?