Looking for open range Buffalo and Leopard combo hunt for 2024

Doubleplay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
Open to suggestions and recommendations for a combo Buffalo and Leopard hunt in 2024. My wife will go for the leopard and I will hunt buffalo. Additional plains game is an option if we didn't hunt the species before. Fishing or bird hunting is a big plus. Minimum 14+ days. Both experienced hunters and have been to Africa multiple times.
Not a must but if the outfitter attending SCI or DCI shows we would like to meet in person.
Thanks in advance.

At this point you may be looking at a cancellation. Good luck with your hunt.

At this point you may be looking at a cancellation. Good luck with your hunt.
Thanks. We'll see what comes up. We'll be in Africa for the whole Summer of 2024 so don't mind last minute cancellations.

Try Sherdell at Mwatisi Safaris. They hunt the Rungwa area in Tanzania. Crazy high population of big cats when we are there. Had 6 leopard on bait when we arrived. Our group took 3 and they had at least 6 on bait actively feeding when we left. It's as open range as you can get;) Great buffalo population as well and he often runs a leopard/buffalo 16 day special. However if at all possible for you and if you have interest, seriously consider adding the extra 5 days and a lion! I doubt you can find a truly wild lion hunt for a better deal than this add on option. @Royal27 and I both took lions on the same day! Sherdell is one of the best cat men there is today and the population of cats in his area is probably the second highest in Africa, for lions anyway. It could be first for leopard for all i know. @Just Gina took her leopard there and @Wheels got the biggest leopard.

He does attend both shows.

Open to suggestions and recommendations for a combo Buffalo and Leopard hunt in 2024. My wife will go for the leopard and I will hunt buffalo. Additional plains game is an option if we didn't hunt the species before. Fishing or bird hunting is a big plus. Minimum 14+ days. Both experienced hunters and have been to Africa multiple times.
Not a must but if the outfitter attending SCI or DCI shows we would like to meet in person.
Thanks in advance.
Tanzania is undoubtedly the best Country for the combination, especially on a "sharing of Licence" deal.
Please email me direct fir some proposals. info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers
Ernest

Hi @Doubleplay,

I have send you a PM

Sincerely
Dieter

Thanks in advance.
May be tough finding a leopard for next year.

I would look into Johnny DuPlooy owner of Muchinga adventures in Zambia.While buffalo hunting there in 2021 I saw thousands of buffalo and three leopard in the daytime also watched one for an hour or so at a hyena bait.(I wasn't leopard hunting)They are a top notch outfit with very nice camps and I saw more game there than in two previous trips to Zimbabwe combined.The hippo and crocs are also very plentiful.You can PM me if you want any more details.Johnny and Laura also attend the SCI show.

Fred

I would call Len Taylor. He and I were talking about this very hunt in the valley not too long ago. A big plus for me was that the leopard in the valley are likely to be daylight opportunities early in the season.

May be tough finding a leopard for next year.
We'll be in SA for 3 months next Summer visiting family and doing some non structured hunting here and there. Meaning we'll be in a place where we can jump on any cancellation hunt in 2-3 days. So if I don't like what's available now, I'll wait.

Good Day Doubleplay

Tsala Safaris would be able to help you on our area in Mozambique.

You are most welcome to contact me.We will also be at SCI in Nashville again next year.Booth 203

Regards

Rouan

Thanks in advance.
Good morning,

Sounds like awesome trip that you are planning.
We do buffalo and leopard hunting in Namibia, and we have some of the best areas to do so.
Our main buffalo hunting area is Waterberg Plateau Park, and leopard hunting in Kaokoland.
Our Kaokoland area stretches over 2 million acres of unfenced hunting ground, and is a great spot for leopard hunting.
Waterberg Park is one of the best buffalo hunting areas in Africa, amazing buffalo quality.
With this, you will have to do your hunt in two hunting areas, but it certainly is a great opportunity to see how completely different these two areas are. We can plan to start off with buffalo hunt, and once it is done, you guys can move together to Kaokoland to pursue the leopard.

You are welcome to contact us at info@jamyhunt.com if you would like more information on this opportunity.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Kirsten

We can offer you that combination in 2024 in our Matetsi Unit One Safari Area.
PM me and I will give you a quote and available dates.
We are an hour out of Victoria Falls and is a must if you haven't visited yet.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Dear Doubleplay

Hope all is well. We can definitely accommodate you in Tanzania in the famous Selous Game Reserve.
We have two adjacent blocks owned and operated by ourselves which comprises out of 557 000 acres of authentic free range hunting.
Please contact us at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com for more information.

Thank you.
Kind regards

Try Sherdell at Mwatisi Safaris. They hunt the Rungwa area in Tanzania. Crazy high population of big cats when we are there. Had 6 leopard on bait when we arrived. Our group took 3 and they had at least 6 on bait actively feeding when we left. It's as open range as you can get;) Great buffalo population as well and he often runs a leopard/buffalo 16 day special. However if at all possible for you and if you have interest, seriously consider adding the extra 5 days and a lion! I doubt you can find a truly wild lion hunt for a better deal than this add on option. @Royal27 and I both took lions on the same day! Sherdell is one of the best cat men there is today and the population of cats in his area is probably the second highest in Africa, for lions anyway. It could be first for leopard for all i know. @Just Gina took her leopard there and @Wheels got the biggest leopard.

He does attend both shows.

The amount of cats is truly insane. I literally saw two baits the entire hunt that weren't hit by a leopard at least once. They are everywhere.

Thanks in advance.
It looks like I have the glove to fit!

Superb leopard hunting in the coastal forest of Mozambique coupled with ample opportunity at both herd Buff and Dagga boys.

Hunting out of the very comfortable Muanza camp located in the Chinizuia forest bordering the renowned GORONGOZA national park, delivers an adventure that is entirely unique.

If this sounds like an option kindly send me a DM so I can supply further details plus references from 2023 hunters.

Certainly will make time to meet at SCI.

Gav Lipjes

Hi Gav,

You can the details to : [redacted]

Thanks for reaching out.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
@Doubleplay ....enjoying this thread, thanks for posting. I will open-forum ask the responders a question or two, without hijacking, because there are quite a few AH'ers interested. @Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris .....do you still have buff available for 24? I rode by the Waterberg Plateau 3 months ago, and it looked spectacular for a hunt. @TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS .....what do you have in Moz? Is it swamp hunting for buff, or dry ground? I'm too old to dodge crocodiles, but want to hunt buff in 24. (Have a small army of hunters wanting to come along). @Tromberg Hunting Safaris do you have several quota left on buffalo? (Only one in my group is even considering a leopard)...........thanks to OP, and thanks to all......FWB

Hi Bill

Apologies for the late reply.Did not pick up on the post.

Our concession area borders the Gonarezhou National Park on the western side about 60 km north of the village of Chiqualaqual.The area is unfenced and and can best described as wooded sand veld savannah.The area is mostly flat with several natural pans occurring.The diversity of habitat accommodates a large variety of species ranging from Elephant , buffalo , a variety of plains game and predators and some excellent pygmy antilope like Sharps Grysbuck.

Please let me know if you need any more info

Regards

Rouan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelisaWech

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?