Looking for Australia hunt (low-budget preferred)

I’m out in the shit now, this is super hard work & bloody expensive to build & maintain any camps & vehicles out here !

I must remember you & advise who ever I work for to never book you as a client, another no nothing know all !

I only just last week shot us out of a charge at 15ft from a wounded Bull !

This Bull has a shot just above the brain pan, which stopped/stunned him enough to get a couple more in !

IMG_0487.jpeg

Is there any outfitters in Australia offering hunts for any animals other than Buffalo to Non residents?

I watch the YouTube Australia feral hunts, camels, pigs, donkeys and dingo's. Self outfitted/done, camp, drive, shoot a bit, pack camp and repeat. Until out of time, money, gas or ammo.

Not sure if a non Aussie is allowed to do that but that would be my fancy and a great hunt and adventure. Well worth ammo, food and airfare.

I certainly am not blaming any outfitter for inflated costs, its what market will take. Are they selling out of buff quota at those prices?

Maybe @Bob Nelson 35Whelen or @Mark R can answer those?

For me and for now I will keep watching YouTube Australia and return to Africa for the me shooting hunts.

MB

Bear in mind that the buffalo are around the top of the Northern Territory and a little inland. Whereas camel and donkey hunts are a mighty long way from the buffalo.
Tourists in general do not understand the size of Australia and distances are incredible.

I’m out in the shit now, this is super hard work & bloody expensive to build & maintain any camps & vehicles out here !

I must remember you & advise who ever I work for to never book you as a client, another no nothing know all !

I only just last week shot us out of a charge at 15ft from a wounded Bull !

This Bull has a shot just above the brain pan, which stopped/stunned him enough to get a couple more in !

View attachment 541831
Hey @Sarg actually I was recommended to get in contact with you today by DM from someone from the forum, I guess that is not an option right now.

The hole point of having a forum is to express freely, interact and connect,,,Im sure we'll cross our paths someday and hope to be able to change your mind about me! Maybe the day I hunt in Australia I change my mind about water buffalo.

Wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season!

Bear in mind that the buffalo are around the top of the Northern Territory and a little inland. Whereas camel and donkey hunts are a mighty long way from the buffalo.
Tourists in general do not understand the size of Australia and distances are incredible.
I understand the vastness of Australia, and probably more important the desolation in between people places. That's what adds to the adventure, living in Canada I have some idea of that. However water is not usually an issue here at home.

For me I would like to drive with a local and hunt the "pests" on the stations, yes far away from the buff areas. Now if money was no issue for sure a buff in the thick stuff up North would be a bucket list hunt, as would a wallaby, kangaroo if legal.

MB

Kangaroos, wallabies, and wallaroos are not found all that much in the buff areas
That’s not to say they aren’t
A buff hunt is excellent and wild pigs are everywhere in buff country
Dingoes are there too but are harder to hunt generally.
For buff I suggest a 375 minimum (300 grain soft followed by solid) or a 416 (400grain).
For wild pigs 243 upwards and likewise for dingoes
Pigs are usually very close whereas in general note dingoes are “not close”.

Pm if you’d like more info

Is there any outfitters in Australia offering hunts for any animals other than Buffalo to Non residents?

Yes numerous deer - reds, fallow, Rusa, Sambar, chital, possibly hog deer.
Goat, camel, donkey, pigs, dingoes.

Is it legal for non resident to just go out with a resident and shoot "vermin"? Or like here at home outfitter required unless you are a first relative.

MB

Yep, sure is. We have six species of deer running wild and in preserves. Outfitters for them as well as camel, pigs, cape barren geese. I’m sure I have neglected a few species….

Is it legal for non resident to just go out with a resident and shoot "vermin"? Or like here at home outfitter required unless you are a first relative.

MB
No problem as long as you are properly licensed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drmamaanan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.