Leopard SA

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
Talking to a PH in south Africa, He mentioned leopard MAY become available, seems the powers to be may be considering it.
Any one else hear any thing? .

When I hunted the Limpopo area back in 2010, we found Leopard tracks several times. The owner was not too happy about it. That would be great if they do open it.

Even if it were to open tags would be very limited. I wouldn’t book beyond the year quota was issued. It would likely remain unstable.

When I hunted the Limpopo area back in 2010, we found Leopard tracks several times. The owner was not too happy about it. That would be great if they do open it.
There's a lot of leopard in Limpopo and some being killed in self defense.
My son and granddaughter had a very scary encounter last year at a game farm and were about to kill one.

At the moment they are being shot and everyone keeps quiet especially livestock farmers.
It would be great if permits come out again and give them value there a monsters to be hunted in Limpopo with the world record coming from Limpopo.

And before anyone shouts foul the numbers are very healthy its the greenies that can't accept it because they are not easily seen.

Very inteligent cats due to being and unfriendly visitor on most farms. It will be a good hard hunt to out manouvere them.

They are not only being shot on farms, but in large numbers. Thermal image has really enabled them to up their game.

SA is one of the more problematic African countries if it comes to opening or re opening some quota. To many hands in the cookie jar there in my experience, in other words : to many wanting " hand outs" to do you a " favor" , so it gets expensive with no guarantee of positive longterm outcome .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GailZook1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,