Leopard Hunt - Recommendations

Peter Thormahlen - Thormahlen & Cochran in Bushmanland. Booked out next 2 seasons bit I have a spot for my daughter this year. He will let you stay past the 14 day hunt or come back again at no charge in the same season if you don’t get your leopard on the first time out.

All,

Please recommend a leopard hunt outfitter in South Africa or Namibia.

Thankyou.
Has RSA reopened leopard hunting?

I experienced great success in Zim with Dalton and York. We had 6x leopards hitting baits. If you're interested in going a bit further afield, I highly recommend them.

Hunt Report

Peter Thormahlen - Thormahlen & Cochran in Bushmanland. Booked out next 2 seasons bit I have a spot for my daughter this year. He will let you stay past the 14 day hunt or come back again at no charge in the same season if you don’t get your leopard on the first time out.
I spoke with them last weekend in Harrisburg. Sounds like they run a top notch operation.

I believe SA has reopened leopard hunting as of last year but on a more limited basis than before.
Thormahlen & Cochran and Jamy Trout, both in Namibia, have excellent reputations and high success rates on leopards.

All,

Thankyou.
Any reason Zambia would not be on your list of countries to hunt?
Luangwa has a high density of leopard.
we had 16 different leopard and 7 shootable males on camera, on the lion and leopard baits hanging, in the 21 days on our last hunt.

Any reason Zambia would not be on your list of countries to hunt?
Luangwa has a high density of leopard.
we had 16 different leopard and 7 shootable males on camera, on the lion and leopard baits hanging, in the 21 days on our last hunt.
I agree Pete, if I were planning a leopard hunt Zambia would be at the top of my list.

I agree Pete, if I were planning a leopard hunt Zambia would be at the top of my list.
At the one bait site, we had a male and female “entertaining” themselves so we let them be and moved on to other baits.
pretty cool to be able to have cats on bait and leave them alone to target others at different baits.

Unfortunately S.A. quota was stopped by the high court in Cape Town after a sneaky by the humane society.
Would love to help but we are sold out to 2026 in the Reserve.
My best always.

Thankyou.
I believe SA has reopened leopard hunting as of last year but on a more limited basis than before.
Thormahlen & Cochran and Jamy Trout, both in Namibia, have excellent reputations and high success rates on leopards.

Hi KuduBull

Please feel free to contact me for a quote on a Leopard Hunt in Namibia, I have tags available for 2023 and 2024. I am also on my way to the States for the SCI in Nassville next week. You can contact me on my Cell: +264 8123 60833 you can also checkout my facebook, Leopard Legend Safaris Namibia

I have a tag left in a prime area in zimbabwe
High success on large toms
Bait and blind
Pm me for details

Dear Kudubull

We have leopard available in Namibia, Tanzania and Botswana.
Please feel free to contact us at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com for more information.

We will also be at the SCI show in Nashville booth 1341-1351.

Looking forward hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you
Magdel Oosthuizen

Dear Kudubull

We have a leopard hunt available in Namibia for 2023.
For the last 3 years we have a 100% success rate.

I will also send you an PM with more details.

Regards

Hi Kudubull
We will be able to help, I will send a PM, regards Johann

You may consider Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris (who is a sponsor on the AH forum and quite well known here with a great reputation)- I hunted leopard with him (over bait) in Namibia and was successful on an enormous cat in October 2020!! I've hunted all Dangerous 7 with him in multiple countries- PM for more details in which I can provide for you. Cheers!

Last edited:
I took my leopard with Drikus Sawnepoel of Ekuja Safaris and would highly recommend him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryceLebro

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!