Latest Rigby

SFRanger7GP

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Wichita Falls TX or Colombia (It's Not Columbia!)
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member NRA and DSC, SCI, IOSH
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Bolivia, Panama, Italy, England, Scotland
I have been doing quite a bit of culling in my gun safe the past few years. Trying to move out safe queens and things I no longer use. Went to the Fort Worth Cabela’s Wednesday and after the smoke cleared, I walked out with a new Rigby Big Game in 416 Rigby.
97DD0A6F-C5DC-46B7-A7F0-CE9C6B2918E9.jpeg
375C60A1-E72B-4D3C-A80D-CAA5B714E7AA.jpeg
F321EFA3-8DDE-4300-916E-CA099236A405.jpeg
4E5C4E5F-4C5C-400A-B68C-651D2B7CA726.jpeg

Nicely done!

Wish I had a an excuse for one. Really like my Highland Stalker in .275.

Beautiful rifle, congratulations

Awesome rifle! Congrats!

Congrats on purchasing a great rifle.

That’s on my wish list….

Congratulations! I bought my 416 Rigby Big Game a couple of years ago and christened it on a hunt in Limpopo in July this year. It's a beautiful rifle and performed very well on buffalo, roan and golden wildebeest. You will love your Rigby.

Congratulations! That is a great rifle! And with some upgrades I see from the case coloured pistol grip cap. It’s not too clear on the photo’s but that’s the double square bridge version I believe? What kind of scope will you mount?

One of these days I’ll be going for one too! Well done!

What a beautiful rifle! Congrats!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.27 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.29 AM.png
    984.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.36.30 AM.png
    507.6 KB · Views: 102
Congrats on the new addition!

Congratulations! That is a great rifle! And with some upgrades I see from the case coloured pistol grip cap. It’s not too clear on the photo’s but that’s the double square bridge version I believe? What kind of scope will you mount?

One of these days I’ll be going for one too! Well done!
It is the double square bridge. I have a Swarovski 1-6i that I am thinking of putting on it.

Redleg: a Rigby Highland Stalker in .275 at: https://auctionet.com/en/1781365-steffos-rigby-highland-stalker-cal-275-rigby

You've got just under 10 hours to bid!

It looks like the vendor wants too much, though, for what is, after all, just a Mauser with some nice wood. Note that the Leica scope on it is £1,000 on its own.
I have owned one since their first year of production - in .275. I have hunted the Hill country with it and Zambia. It also has a Leica scope on it (like most of my rifles). Perhaps you might actually pick one up before drawing too many "clever" conclusions about the rifle or your fellow members? :unsure:

Puku  Hunting Zambia

Last edited:
Magnificent purchase and the savo 1-6 should finish it off. I’ll be happy to put a few scratches on it for u iguana want. Think sierraone has a 275 also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreddyWren

Latest profile posts

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}