Krieghoff Classic Double Rifle For Sale

I truly appreciate the reassurance from all on the forum. I’ve just recently received an insulting offer from a dealer in TX. I won’t name names but I have the email from them offering 1/3 of what I’m asking. Fortunately I don’t have to sell it ASAP and can take time to find the right buyer. This is harder to sell than a Glock 19 for sure . My dad would be elated to see these posts to be honest. Thank you all.
Condolences on the loss of your father.
I would probably stay away from dealers unless you have one you really trust. For some reason some think they should make way more than what they pay you for high end rifles. They do need to make money on the resale but not more than the original owner unless maybe at auction.

Condolences for loss of your father.

If you don't need to sell it quickly wait till you get the price you asked for. Krieghoff makes a fine double. I have a 500/416 that I truly enjoy shooting.

Does the gun have ejectors on both barrels or extractors?

Condolences on the loss of your father.
I would probably stay away from dealers unless you have one you really trust. For some reason some think they should make way more than what they pay you for high end rifles. They do need to make money on the resale but not more than the original owner unless maybe at auction.
HUNT Anything: agree, most Dealers will require a “commission” of 20%-25% and that will mean your gun likely sells at a loss. While many rifles appreciate in value after 10-20 years it seems that Double Rifles do Not and I’m not sure why?? Interested in what others feel is the reason?
Double rifles should have a very low round count and most only are used on a few hunts each year….some only made a hunt or two in their “lifetime”. If you sell a Double rifle in a hurry - you will likely Not get a fair price. However, if you find you get offers that are consistently under what you feel your rifle is worth - the reality might be “it’s worth what someone will buy it for”.

If you want to sell the 375 barrel please let me know. Regards

You might consider reaching out to Hudson Farms, and Griffin & Howe. The former’s membership will appreciate the rifle, and its immediate availability, and the latter might make you a good market at a fair price. Good luck on this good deed you are doing in honor of your father.

You might consider reaching out to Hudson Farms, and Griffin & Howe. The former’s membership will appreciate the rifle, and its immediate availability, and the latter might make you a good market at a fair price. Good luck on this good deed you are doing in honor of your father.

Thank you. I have not heard of Griffin & Howe but will see what I can find on them.

I have taken some better photos to go along with the original post.
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 55
I truly appreciate the reassurance from all on the forum. I’ve just recently received an insulting offer from a dealer in TX. I won’t name names but I have the email from them offering 1/3 of what I’m asking. Fortunately I don’t have to sell it ASAP and can take time to find the right buyer. This is harder to sell than a Glock 19 for sure . My dad would be elated to see these posts to be honest. Thank you all.
Thank you for you and your Dads dedication.

Admire your respectfulness to your Dads wishes. There’s always someone looking to get a deal, no matter how insulting it can be.

I’m new to this market and I feel the people on this forum are very fair with their asking prices.

I don’t think you’ll have any problems selling.

Good luck and be safe!

RWP

This isn’t a consignment
No, I understand. Beautiful addl photos. Thinking out loud, I considered (trying to sell) arms that might be difficult, personally.

I have a good friend that just met my South African PH last week and booked a hunt. He want's to do things as he put it "Theodore Roosevelt style" with a double rifle, so this might be right up his alley.

If it's ok, I'll pass this thread along to him.

It will sell @GWS140 .. I can't believe the replacement cost, almost yearly.

I have taken some better photos to go along with the original post. View attachment 595372View attachment 595373View attachment 595374View attachment 595375
Condolences for you and your Mother on your Dad's passing. It can be hard to handle these things, but it is what we do for our parents.

That rifle is a fine piece of German engineering and craftsmanship. I have a soft spot for Krieghoff, as it was the first type of double rifle I fired, courtesy of a fine gentleman at the range in South Carolina.

Going on his 12th Safari, and the rifle had its share of experience marks. Elephant, Hippo, Cape Buffalo, Lion all fell to that rifle. I was hooked and it was accurate.

Maybe you are already aware, but the Krieghoff design, with the "thumb cocker", looks like an oversized safety, but is actually a thumb cocking device, that cocks the firing pins, when pushed forward, rather than just retracting a safety on already cocked firing pins.

Thus, the rifle is carried with rounds in the chamber, but with uncocked firing pins, until this is pushed forward. for shooting. The firing pins do not rest on the primers. Very safe, as much as a firearm can be.
My SC acquaintance bought this because, when hunting with the same PH in Tanzania for years, one of his trackers was wounded when another client's old school double accidentally discharged, after dropping his rifle, with the safety off. Of course, we know the best safety is between our ears, aware of the muzzle direction, but sh$t happens.

The tracker survived but was crippled. My acquaintance could buy any rifles he wanted, but bought the Krieghoff, a pair in .500/416 and .30/06. He used nothing else.

Your Father's rifle is a fine example, and the wood is really nice. Somebody will get a fine rifle system.

Condolences for you and your Mother on your Dad's passing. It can be hard to handle these things, but it is what we do for our parents.

That rifle is a fine piece of German engineering and craftsmanship. I have a soft spot for Krieghoff, as it was the first type of double rifle I fired, courtesy of a fine gentleman at the range in South Carolina.

Going on his 12th Safari, and the rifle had its share of experience marks. Elephant, Hippo, Cape Buffalo, Lion all fell to that rifle. I was hooked and it was accurate.

Maybe you are already aware, but the Krieghoff design, with the "thumb cocker", looks like an oversized safety, but is actually a thumb cocking device, that cocks the firing pins, when pushed forward, rather than just retracting a safety on already cocked firing pins.

Thus, the rifle is carried with rounds in the chamber, but with uncocked firing pins, until this is pushed forward. for shooting. The firing pins do not rest on the primers. Very safe, as much as a firearm can be.
My SC acquaintance bought this because, when hunting with the same PH in Tanzania for years, one of his trackers was wounded when another client's old school double accidentally discharged, after dropping his rifle, with the safety off. Of course, we know the best safety is between our ears, aware of the muzzle direction, but sh$t happens.

The tracker survived but was crippled. My acquaintance could buy any rifles he wanted, but bought the Krieghoff, a pair in .500/416 and .30/06. He used nothing else.

Your Father's rifle is a fine example, and the wood is really nice. Somebody will get a fine rifle system.

Thank you sir, it’s a beautiful firearm and deserving a good home. My father was a firearms enthusiast and since I was 5 years old it has been a part of my life both professionally and recreational.

I can't believe they are $20K now.

Someone did ask. It may help, if it has ejectors or extractors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaquelFrym

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !