IMG20230401112319.jpg

IMG20230401120112.jpg

Marius, You are such a great photographer!

Marius, You are such a great photographer!
Appreciate it Doug. Thank you. Good photos are very important to me. Have to balance out the animal and hunter in a respectful manner.

I’d have to defer to my PH in this case. He looks good to me but that’s probably not the best angle to tell. I’d be ready to shoot if given the chance and the go ahead.

Take him!
Is it true the cape bushbucks get
Darker as they mature and then turn lighter brown again in old age?

Those shoulders look big. I can't tell if he is in his prime or old. His hips don't look old. I would be cautious, but I follow instruction well :)

Well if what I am seeing is a completely bald neck and head, he's going down because he's got to be ancient if so and his length looks pretty good as well.

I'm not shooting. But only because I already shot a beauty of a bushbuck with you.

Take him!
Is it true the cape bushbucks get
Darker as they mature and then turn lighter brown again in old age?
This is certainly what my experience has been. Not impossible to get them really dark and old, but most of the time, those really dark rams seem to be in their prime.
The lighter brown is pretty much the same as for us turning grey.

There are a few other clues that we look for, but those are state secrets... :)

Well if what I am seeing is a completely bald neck and head, he's going down because he's got to be ancient if so and his length looks pretty good as well.
I'm very happy to see that you ARE hearing some of the things I say....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The arrow would be sliding in at the back rib before you blinked Marius.
I would be shooting arrows at it from across the kloof.

I’d have to defer to my PH in this case. He looks good to me but that’s probably not the best angle to tell. I’d be ready to shoot if given the chance and the go ahead.
Sir, if anyone turns this down, they will lose their visa to enter the Eastern Cape ever again:LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailca1r

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)