Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
On the last day of my trip to Africa, my guide took us to a wonderful store called Africa Outdoors in Pretoria. One section that always draws my interest is the books. This book drew recommendations from both my guide and the store staff. Unlike many of the books on African hunting that were written in the 1940's to the 1960's, this book takes place from around 1890-1930, when England, Germany and Portugal were struggling for control of east Africa.
IMG_20240113_181059092.jpg

On the last day of my trip to Africa, my guide took us to a wonderful store called Africa Outdoors in Pretoria. One section that always draws my interest is the books. This book drew recommendations from both my guide and the store staff. Unlike many of the books on African hunting that were written in the 1940's to the 1960's, this book takes place from around 1890-1930, when England, Germany and Portugal were struggling for control of east Africa.
View attachment 580575
I remember reading about him in one of Capstick’s books. He led an incredible life

The stories he tells about working as a scout during the Great War take up nearly half the book. His knowledge of the local language and the terrain kept him just ahead of the enemy soldiers on his trail. Very exciting reading from beginning to end.

I could be wrong but I believe the store name might be Safari Outdoors, if I am wrong I do know Safari Outdoors carried the book.

I could be wrong but I believe the store name might be Safari Outdoors, if I am wrong I do know Safari Outdoors carried the book.
I stand corrected, so thank you. In my defense, I did eat a lot of lead based paint chips as an infant, so my memory is questionable at times. :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasityNck

Latest profile posts

I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!