Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Next item up for grabs in the mdwest herd culling..

An Ithaca 37 Featherlight in 12 Gauge..

Definitely got some wear on the stock and the steel.. but in perfect working order.. 2 3/4 chamber (sorry.. no magnums).. Served me well for a very long time.. but has become a safe queen over the last several years as I reach for the auto loaders these days rather than a pump for some reason...

$350 plus shipping to your FFL

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

Many younger shooters may not be familiar with these fine guns, but this is a great value. Police, military, and lefties have all used this model for years. Easy to load, easy to shoot (too easy at times) and suitable for lefties, this action stayed clean and clear even when snow was falling. My lefthanded high school bird shooting buddy replaced his Win model 37 with an Ithaca 37, and loved it. By the looks of it, I'm guessing 28" bbl......but what choke? Well worth the asking price IMO, but of course, I already have one............FWB

Many younger shooters may not be familiar with these fine guns, but this is a great value. Police, military, and lefties have all used this model for years. Easy to load, easy to shoot (too easy at times) and suitable for lefties, this action stayed clean and clear even when snow was falling. My lefthanded high school bird shooting buddy replaced his Win model 37 with an Ithaca 37, and loved it. By the looks of it, I'm guessing 28" bbl......but what choke? Well worth the asking price IMO, but of course, I already have one............FWB

Yep! All of those things are what have made 37's appealing to me over the years...

I had a police model way back in the day that I could run faster than the guys that were running the old Benelli M4's (autos) when they first hit the market.. and Im a lefty.. and I valued that it didn't matter what the weather conditions were.. freezing rain, hot/dry, etc.. the gun just always ran..

which is what inspired me to pick this one up years ago when I saw it sitting on the rack at a local store.. It was great for dove, quail, rabbits, etc.. it was my primary 2 3/4 gun for a long time...

but for whatever reason, I just don't seem to grab it out of the safe much anymore.. one of the semi's always gets pulled out for hunting..

This is one I'll likely actually regret letting go of once its gone lol..

The choke isn't indicated anywhere on the gun.. but Im 90% certain its cylinder/skeet bore based on its patterning..

This one is now sold...

Thanks!

I can empty the full extended mag tube on my Benelli Super 90 before the first spent shell hits the ground...No pump in the world can run that fast physical imposable
The question is how fast can you run it and still hit the target?

In the late 1990's there was more than one occasion where cops attending shotgun training with Benelli M4's got their asses handed to them by guys running 37's on speed drills..

Theres a particular deputy at the Shelby County Sheriffs Office (Memphis, TN) that was an instructor at the firearms training unit that was well known for beating the snot out of competitive shooters on shotgun courses that were using tricked out race guns.. All he ever used was a rem 870P...

The shooter has every bit as much to do with the equation as the firearm..

Most people would tell you that a semi auto pistol is faster than a revolver..

Jerry Miculek has proven that to be false on more than one occasion..

Manual systems can indeed be faster than systems that rely on gas or inertia.. as long as the shooter has the skill to outrun the auto system..

I'd challenge anyone, to include competitive shooters that might be members here to outrun Jerry with any shotgun they choose.. and him running a Mossberg 500 pump (about as basic as it gets)...

Those are a fantastic shotgun, still have mine and the original receipt from Kmart for 134.56. Used to use it on ducks float shooting a lot but steel shot ended that with the 2 3/4” chamber.somebody got an awesome deal

Years ago there was a guy at my skeet & trap club who shot skeet with a Model 12. He could call for simultaneous doubles at station 8 and when he fired two shots it sounded like one - two puffs of smoke from two targets breaking less than one foot apart over the center stake.

Never saw anyone with an auto or double do that!

The Ithaca 37 is a great, old school gun and, since it ejects from the bottom, it is great for left handed shooters too. And if you are shooting from a boat blind the hulls end up in the boat, not floating in the water.

Last edited:
'Had the same in 16 ga as a teen. 'Should've never sold it. 'Loved that gun! 'Son has a 1903 double that to this day still works fine on sm game. Luckily Diamond Gunsmithing in Ithaca still works on 'em (he used to work there!) Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GildaHarkn

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….