Italian doubles?

Sketchy1973

AH senior member
Reaction score
I love my Italian shotguns, any thoughts on Italian doubles rifles?

I prefer German....

I'd get a Heym 89b in 450NE, but I feel it would come attached with divorce papers

I'll check it out. I have looked at their guns before and was impressed. I have a Fausti Dea SxS in 20ga. The Italian guns just fit me. Fausti does have a double in 9.3x74r., but it would be a tad light for Cape Buffalo.
9.3x74mmR is also fine for Cape buffalo, in the context of a client hunter where legal (such as Zimbabwe & Ethiopia). Just remember to use good quality bonded cartridges such as Federal Premium 286Gr Swift A Frame factory loads.

I love Italian firearms too. My preferred shotgun is a 1987 made Beretta Model 626E boxlock ejector side by side in 12 gauge 3" Magnum.

I love my Italian shotguns, any thoughts on Italian doubles rifles?
Stay away from Rizzini DR’s. While ther are very well made no quality issues they are incredibly light for caliber. My first 470 NE with them at 9.1 pounds just about kicked me to death

Stay away from Rizzini DR’s. While ther are very well made no quality issues they are incredibly light for caliber. My first 470 NE with them at 9.1 pounds just about kicked me to death
That's so unfortunate, Rare Breed. I would have thought that stock fit would help counteract some of the kick. Clearly, your field experience has proven otherwise.

What if one has Mercury recoil reducers fitted into the stock ?

I am really looking at Rizzini prestige Tartaruga Gold in 16 Gauge.
Nice gun for money. But, it's not made by Razzini and yet is. It's all about one big assed Italian family. I'll try and explain it. Bautista Razzini makes Razzini. Isadora Razzini is a brother, he owns Fair.

Battista Razzini makes the BR550, 552 shotguns, and the Rhino double rifle as mentioned above.

Fabbrica Arms Isidoro Rizzini (aka Fair) is Isadora Rizzoni. They make the Iside line of shot guns you are looking for. The Fair Prestige Tartaruga gold is a wonderful

To make thing even more confusing, a Rizzoni son married Barbra Fausti. Her and her 2 sisters own Fausti after there father passed. The Razzini son that married Barbra started Caesar Gurini.

Nice gun for money. But, it's not made by Razzini and yet is. It's all about one big assed Italian family. I'll try and explain it. Bautista Razzini makes Razzini. Isadora Razzini is a brother, he owns Fair.

Battista Razzini makes the BR550, 552 shotguns, and the Rhino double rifle as mentioned above.

Fabbrica Arms Isidoro Rizzini (aka Fair) is Isadora Rizzoni. They make the Iside line of shot guns you are looking for. The Fair Prestige Tartaruga gold is a wonderful

To make thing even more confusing, a Rizzoni son married Barbra Fausti. Her and her 2 sisters own Fausti after there father passed. The Razzini son that married Barbra started Caesar Gurini.
Lol. Yes. I do know that.

I think shotgun world has a breakdown of the Razzini family tree on their Web site

The Rizzini was my first DR. On hindsite I could have put in a mercury reducer to add to its low weight. The shame of it was the gun balanced well between my hands. I was afraid too much weight in the stock might unbalance her. Beautiful gun very well made. just so light weight for the caliber

The Rizzini was my first DR. On hindsite I could have put in a mercury reducer to add to its low weight. The shame of it was the gun balanced well between my hands. I was afraid too much weight in the stock might unbalance her. Beautiful gun very well made. just so light weight for the caliber

I am certain they could make it to your desired weight if you so desired.

I am certain they could make it to your desired weight if you so desired.
It was already built and I bought it at retail just not knowing what i was doing. Entirely my fault not there’s

Reactions: WAB
I have a Rizzini DR in 470 NE and it is very accurate and well balanced. While the kick is more than my other double which is a 450/400 it is not unbearable to me. And when I have shot it in the field for my elephant and rhino hunts I did not even feel the kick. For the price it has been a good double fro me.

I had a Rizzini 550 in 45/70 years ago and regret moving it down the road it shot Great. Was a bit light but handled like a fine shotgun. I looked at the Fausti booth at SCI and like the look of the 9.3x74 they make. I would own either of those brands.

I prefer German....
Having said that Antonio Zoli make some very nice O/U double rifles and combination guns.
Including 450/400 NE and I hear rumours of a 450 NE 3 1/4.
Having one of these a set of 12ga bareels and anothe with 9.3x74R and 7x65R barrels one would be set for anything.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beandog

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….