In memoriam - Zimbabwe Professional Hunter killed by enraged buffalo

Very tragic. I feel very sorry for him and his family. No good words... I assume the poacher will probably never be caught. Hopefully the guy has a conscious, saw this on the news, and will regret it the rest of his days... even if he should go to jail...

Very sad to see

Why does one poach a buffalo? To sell the meat? The horns? To eat his ownself?
I understand why people poach elephant and rhino, international criminals get rich off the trade.
But a buffalo?

Very tragic. I feel very sorry for him and his family. No good words... I assume the poacher will probably never be caught. Hopefully the guy has a conscious, saw this on the news, and will regret it the rest of his days... even if he should go to jail...
Poachers don’t have a conscience. These are a same guys who poison waterholes in the dry season.

Why does one poach a buffalo? To sell the meat? The horns? To eat his ownself?
I understand why people poach elephant and rhino, international criminals get rich off the trade.
But a buffalo?
I’ll assume you haven’t been to Africa before? It’s for the bushmeat trade. It’s commercial poaching. They take meat into town to sell. It would be really bad if organized hunting and anti-poaching wasn’t occurring. Many countries you won’t see an animal until you reach a hunting area. It’s all been poached out. I think it’s a bigger crisis than elephant poaching but doesn’t get nearly the attention except locally.

Poachers don’t have a conscience. These are a same guys who poison waterholes in the dry season.
They actually poison water holes? I guess I am too much of a "nice guy" and naive... I'd have never thought of that. Evil is out there, and these guys are it. I can see some guy killing an animal out of season to feed his family. And I wouldn't blame him for it. But poisoning them? That's just awful.

They actually poison water holes? I guess I am too much of a "nice guy" and naive... I'd have never thought of that. Evil is out there, and these guys are it. I can see some guy killing an animal out of season to feed his family. And I wouldn't blame him for it. But poisoning them? That's just awful.
Yes. It’s sad.

So what do you do with the meat from animals you've poisoned?
"hey bud, wanna buy some poison buffalo?"

Shocking news, a terrible thing to happen any time of year let alone this time of year, condolences to family and friends, please let them know our thoughts and prayers are with them. RIP.

Dangerous Game Hunting, but the poacher factor is an unnecessary and illegal component. May his soul rest in peace. My condolences to his family. The poacher should have gotten his just rewards.

Dangerous Game Hunting, but the poacher factor is an unnecessary and illegal component. May his soul rest in peace. My condolences to his family. The poacher should have gotten his just rewards.
By my faith, I know I must not judge, that is only for Jesus.

But I hope that SOB poacher burns in Hell.

Prayers of comfort for his wife and his family.

Terrible news, prayers for his family.

Heartbreaking news. Condolences to the family.

I note no mention of gin trap or poaching or him being a professional hunter in that overtly politically correct press release.

Sounds like he was a great guy.

My condolences to the family. An unnecessary loss due to poaching.

A great man, professional hunter and conservationist.
Restored probably 20 of the old land rovers, if memory serves he qualified as ph in 1990.
At Sentinal ranch he was relentless in his conservation efforts despite the poaching problems of dogs, gin traps and noose traps mainly targeting impala, kudu and eland.
It appears a buffalo had been injured in a gin trap set for something else and the tragedy occured while he was attending to this buffalo.

Condolences to his wife and family and Digby may you rest in peace.....

Sending my sincere sympathies to the family during this very difficult time.

So what do you do with the meat from animals you've poisoned?
"hey bud, wanna buy some poison buffalo?"
No poison involved

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProfMoosa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.