I need to ship a rifle from USA to Germany.

Lee in Texas

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
And leave it there. It’s a gift for a friend there. That’s the plan, anyway. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this in motion? There is no rush. At all I was thinking of calling it a Christmas gift.
Thanks. Lee

That is a permanent export/import. A lot of paperwork will be involved.

Simpson Ltd in Illinois does import and export for firearms. Not cheap, but they can assist you.

All of the posts above are correct..

Youre going to have to go through a permanent export licensing process in the US.. and then have to deal with the import process in Germany as well..

It is going to cost some pretty decent coin.. and take a bit of effort on your part to make happen.. your best bet would be to hire someone that does this sort of thing routinely for you (which further increases the cost... ).. and then there will be shipping costs (not cheap) as well..

Unless the rifle you are talking about is of significant monetary value.. or has a very specific sentimental value.. you might be better off sending him $$ in the value equal to whatever it is you are wanting to "gift" to him, and then having him purchase a rifle locally and go through the local german processes required for ownership/possession on his end..

At the moment, a lot of American troops with firearms come to Europe....

:cool:

HWL

And leave it there. It’s a gift for a friend there. That’s the plan, anyway. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this in motion? There is no rush. At all I was thinking of calling it a Christmas gift.
Thanks. Lee
Talk with Ken Buch at Kebco. He import/export just about all the time. I have used his operation before. He lives in Pennsylvania. Recommended.

Call 301 275-3856

Good morning @Lee in Texas. Does your friend have a German hunting license (Jagdschein) and/or weapon registration/possession card (Waffenbesitzkarte)? Otherwise he won’t be able to legally possess a weapon in Germany.

I contacted Simpson LTD. The price to ship is more than what I paid for the rifle. It was an impractical idea. It’s a cool old rifle. I’m sure he would love to have it, but I also don’t want him to feel like he owes me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeLeblan

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,