I may sell my giraffe mount

Gooseblitz

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I may be looking to sell my giraffe mount if I cannot figure a way to keep it once I move. The new house does not have a spot like I currently do. I did have a former acquaintance ask to buy it a few years ago. I thought I would never move. Has anyone ever sold a mount? Anyone know what is realistic price? I saw one online that was $24K and saw one that was $7000. pretty big disparity. Mine is easily the biggest mounted giraffe I have ever seen online or anywhere. It was also done by Kanati Elite Taxidermy and is as good as it gets.
20150611_103433.jpg
2015-06-12_10-29-59-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck. i a
Very true. If I put a bucket next to it that said $5 selfies I would be making pretty good profit by now. Every delivery man, or house guest. I wonder if Cabelas or Bass Pro would buy it. At least then I could still see it!
i am afraid you will be incredibly disappointed at what you see actually sold no where in the vicinity of the two prices you showed. GLWS

I have seen many for sale in the $7000 range but yours is much nicer and darker. I think if your giraffe mount was for sale in the $7000 range it might sell much quicker. At the higher end it may take a long time to sell.

I wish I had room for a giraffe mount. I am having a rug made instead. Good luck on the sale. I would be very sad!

What a great mount!!! Why ever would you move to a new home that couldn’t accommodate your mounts?!?!?! (Tongue in cheek)

I just saw a 1/2 life size for sale for like 4k. And nobody was jumping on it at that price.

I did speak to 2 re-sellers of taxidermy. They list these for 20 to as high as 29K. Mine is better than the 29K specimen. They both would offer me far less (I understand the business of profit) Both said I would have to be very patient if I sold without using their service.

I did speak to 2 re-sellers of taxidermy. They list these for 20 to as high as 29K. Mine is better than the 29K specimen. They both would offer me far less (I understand the business of profit) Both said I would have to be very patient if I sold without using their service.
Man, I’m going to start shooting giraffe every time over. :). I had a friend auction a beautiful one off a couple years ago at a big auction in Fort Worth. Beautiful giraffe. He cleared about $3750. If these resellers will pay half of what they think they can sell it for I would jump on that.

I may be looking to sell my giraffe mount if I cannot figure a way to keep it once I move. The new house does not have a spot like I currently do. I did have a former acquaintance ask to buy it a few years ago. I thought I would never move. Has anyone ever sold a mount? Anyone know what is realistic price? I saw one online that was $24K and saw one that was $7000. pretty big disparity. Mine is easily the biggest mounted giraffe I have ever seen online or anywhere. It was also done by Kanati Elite Taxidermy and is as good as it gets.View attachment 568210 View attachment 568211
I have a giraffe mount similar to yours. Yours looks a bit better. Do a bit of research,you`ll get a realistic idea of what you`re likely to get for it. I tend to agree with the other poster,cut a hole in the room he needs to be in, and keep him. If your wife complains,remember, there are always more wives, but very few giraffe mounts. Just sayin`........

What a great mount!!! Why ever would you move to a new home that couldn’t accommodate your mounts?!?!?! (Tongue in cheek)
Forget that tongue in cheek bullshit. WHY MAN..........WHY???????

You might also think about speaking to your favorite local gun store. If you’re a regular they might be willing to display it for you while you await another move or building a trophy room.

Man, I’m going to start shooting giraffe every time over. :). I had a friend auction a beautiful one off a couple years ago at a big auction in Fort Worth. Beautiful giraffe. He cleared about $3750. If these resellers will pay half of what they think they can sell it for I would jump on that.
That`s the unspeakable hurt of giraffe mounts. The buyer gets a great deal and the seller is left in tears.....a few shekels in his pocket but,no more giraffe mount to love. Shakespearean in its tragedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakester1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?