Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru

Attachments

• Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires RCBS Reloading – Hodgdon Powder Company.pdf
    615.5 KB · Views: 9
Interesting. Generally Hodgdon primarily buys either distribution rights and/or brand name ownership. At least, with respect to the powders, the actual manufacturing is done by other companies eg General Dynamics (Florida), General Dynamics (Canada), Thales, etc. Putting aside the PR spin, I wonder if Hodgdon has bought the actual RCBS manufacturing operation or just the sole rights to distribute the products and the brand name. If they've bought the actual manufacturing side, and want to be the operator, then it would be a good thing to see the manufacture of RCBS reloading tools go into the future in the hands of a reloader centered company such as Hodgdon. If its just brand name rights and distribution then expect to see a lot of non-RCBS manufactured gear come forward carrying the RCBS brand.

Interesting. Generally Hodgdon primarily buys either distribution rights and/or brand name ownership. At least, with respect to the powders, the actual manufacturing is done by other companies eg General Dynamics (Florida), General Dynamics (Canada), Thales, etc. Putting aside the PR spin, I wonder if Hodgdon has bought the actual RCBS manufacturing operation or just the sole rights to distribute the products and the brand name. If they've bought the actual manufacturing side, and want to be the operator, then it would be a good thing to see the manufacture of RCBS reloading tools go into the future in the hands of a reloader centered company such as Hodgdon. If its just brand name rights and distribution then expect to see a lot of non-RCBS manufactured gear come forward carrying the RCBS brand.
This reads as full acquisition of the production facilities. This is VERY good news and a natural considering the history of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?