Hi from Downunder

Sauer404XT

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hi all,

Long time reader and finally made an account. Born in Croatia but based in Brisbane past 20 years.

Primarly hunt red deer and rusa deer . Although we have fallow and chital , property access is not the easiest for them.

Embarking on my first OS trip to Kazakhstan in 2024 for Ibex/Siberian roe deer in late October with Pro Hunt Kazakhstan and hopefully few years after that for a Maral hunt.

Have plans for a Kamchatka Moose hunt and that would be my OS hunting. Mountain goats seems like a great hunt but at 15k to 20k usd can hunt cheaper in Kazakhstan and Kamchatka.

Sauer 404 XT owner in 270 win with it's handy 404 gun case for airline travel.

Really enjoy reading from people on here as it gives me more knowledge.

Happy Hunting to all

Last edited:
:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH!

Hi Sauer404,

You will find a wealth of knowledge, experience and friendly banter on this site, welcome.

Although we are vastly outnumbered (due to simple economies of scale) there are several Aussie members on the forum some (a) who hunt overseas, (b) others who intend to and (c) the balance that are more than satisfied to chase animals in their local patch. I am a very much category (b) but currently in category (c) :giggle:

Looking forward to your reports in the future and Kamchatka Moose and Brown Bear are very high on my wish-list as well.

Enjoy your stay (y)

G'day from Australia.

It's good to see more Australian members joining.

I have one African hunt under my belt and one hunt with an AH member here but I've met a few of them when I've been in their area.

I think we have a member in every corner of the country, but I'm not sure about Tasmania.

Cheers for the welcome
Welcome to AH!
Thank you sir
Hi Sauer404,

You will find a wealth of knowledge, experience and friendly banter on this site, welcome.

Although we are vastly outnumbered (due to simple economies of scale) there are several Aussie members on the forum some (a) who hunt overseas, (b) others who intend to and (c) the balance that are more than satisfied to chase animals in their local patch. I am a very much category (b) but currently in category (c) :giggle:

Looking forward to your reports in the future and Kamchatka Moose and Brown Bear are very high on my wish-list as well.

Enjoy your stay (y)
Hi Michael,

It sure is a good site. When i was looking to buy the 404 i read a lot on here of people owning R8's and 404's and what they prefer and why.

We aussies love a good deal and can not pass it up , but the hunting world has become out of reach for a lot of people with their crazy prices which do not seem to stop. I am a category (b) more than likely for the three hunts i listed , others i would like to do are out of my price range by a mile ( Altai Argali Mongolia ), least i can do a Taimen fishing trip in Mongolia and say i have seen Argali .

I will keep you up to date when i do book Kamchatka so maybe we can both tick off our wish-list.

Appreciate the kind words.

G'day from Australia.

It's good to see more Australian members joining.

I have one African hunt under my belt and one hunt with an AH member here but I've met a few of them when I've been in their area.

I think we have a member in every corner of the country, but I'm not sure about Tasmania.
Congratulations on your African hunt, hope it went smoothly for you and you got a great adventure. Forums like these are just great tools for people to network as we can all help each other in different ways.

Plenty to see and do locally while we save our pennies to venture overseas.

With the QANTAS rip-off (both in fare pricing and sabotaging any foreign competition) and the declining Aussie dollar the overseas option is not looking too good for the foreseeable future, but we have local products that can keep us entertained in the meantime.

Buffalo NT Plains 10092023.png

Plenty to see and do locally while we save our pennies to venture overseas.

With the QANTAS rip-off (both in fare pricing and sabotaging any foreign competition) and the declining Aussie dollar the overseas option is not looking too good for the foreseeable future, but we have local products that can keep us entertained in the meantime.

View attachment 561194
Been to Walcha , loved it but property no longer allows hunters so just brisbane based until i can get access back in nsw. Love the buff in the photo

I believe Qatar will get the contract by the end of year and will see cheapers fares by Christmas as they have anticipated. Emirates are fairly priced and Qatar has good deals. Look up KAYAK to see flight prices

Last edited:
@Michael70 you can put me in the category that has not hunted Buffalo yet.

I still enjoy hunting pigs and don't tire of that. I have been lucky to hunt a number of Fallow Deer away from my home area.

Buffalo or Scrub Bull are on my wish list. The distance is a big part of it in Australia. Things are pretty spread out and travel takes time and money. Still working towards this though.

Welcome to AH Sauer404XT! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Good day! Welcome from our side too!
Johan

Welcome from Mexcio ;)

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ralph74267

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!