Hello from Maryland

Welcome to AH. Planning is half the fun. Will be watching for your hunt report.

I am from Maryland also. I live in Abingdon and am going on my first African Safari next month. The taxidermist that will be doing my work is out near you. Missy and Dan Martin of Reflections of the Wild in Oakland.
Oh yes, Dan and Missy, great people. They did a life size black bear, black bear 1/2 mount and they are doing a small black bear rug for me right now. Dan has been to Africa around 15 times so he knows how things are to look. I sure hope you have a great trip and they do a good job for you! What is your number one animal you are looking to take?

Nice, I live out near Deep Creek Lake, western side of the state. Good luck on your safari next year, anything in particular you are wanting to hunt?
Really want to shoot a Kudo and any color Wildebeest.

Oh yes, Dan and Missy, great people. They did a life size black bear, black bear 1/2 mount and they are doing a small black bear rug for me right now. Dan has been to Africa around 15 times so he knows how things are to look. I sure hope you have a great trip and they do a good job for you! What is your number one animal you are looking to take?
Looking to shoot a Kudo and Wildebeest.

There are 7 animals on my "list". The number One I hope to take is a Kudu. Also on the list is a Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Blesbok, Impala, and a Honey Badger. My buddy going with me is going after a Cape Buffalo.

There are 7 animals on my "list". The number One I hope to take is a Kudu. Also on the list is a Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Blesbok, Impala, and a Honey Badger. My buddy going with me is going after a Cape Buffalo.
That's a very nice list you have there. Kudu can be very addicting! Given you are hunting plains game, what caliber of gun are you taking? I have taken a .308 on a lot of my hunts where plains game was what I was after.

That's a very nice list you have there. Kudu can be very addicting! Given you are hunting plains game, what caliber of gun are you taking? I have taken a .308 on a lot of my hunts where plains game was what I was after.
Not taking a gun. Using my PH's suppressed .308.

Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site!

welcome welcome welcome

Greetings Bearded Hunter,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I look forward to your hunt report and photos.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Heading to SA in July of 25. Looking forward to my first hunt. Something I have only dreamed about until now. This has been a bucket list hunt for me since I started hunting 40 years ago. Now I am in full overload. What to pack, what to shoot, practice, practice and more practice, traveling with a firearm, taxidermy costs etc. I will have a ton of questions over the next year. Glad I found the group.
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondFla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?