Hello from Georgia

We both killed our gators with in a mile or two of Mudcat Charlie’s.
Years and years ago, I was walking along the water's edge at Ft King George. Bout 10 feet of dead gator came a-floating down the creek. I don't think I wanna go too far up in there in our dinghy!

Im originally from Griffin, GA. Hence Doc Holliday (he was born in Griffin). Lived in Roswell for 10 years before moving down to Florida. Good luck on your trip to South Africa! That is impressive that you are taking your bow and not a rifle.

I’m also a native Georgian and grew up in Cobb county. I’m an electrician and still work in Cobb and Fulton county a good bit.
i went to Wheeler HS starred in Football 1975-77 then college football at GA Tech 78-79

Welcome, I’m down in middle Georgia.

I took my wife and stepdaughters to Africa a couple years ago. It was an unbelievably rewarding trip.

Welcome aboard, I’m in Bartow County.

Welcome to AH!

I’ve been reading the forums for a few weeks and decided it was time to join. I live about 45 minutes west of Atlanta. I’ve been a lifelong hunter and planning my first trip to South Africa this summer. My wife and 16 year old daughter will be going with me. I primarily bow hunt and that’s what we will be taking to Africa with us. My daughter will hunt some while we are there and my wife is just along for the ride. We three went to the DSC last weekend and had a great time. Fortunately next year it will be close to home. I’m looking forward to learning from the great people on this forum and hopefully I will be able to contribute something useful.
I'm in Rockmart Ga. What city do you live in?

Welcome to AH! Hope to meet you in person in Atlanta next year.

Welcome to AH!!

Hello Slaton,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get around to it, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH @Slaton ! I'm amazed at those gator hunting pictures. I had no idea it was common to hunt these in the US, no less with a bow! Must be a lot of fun.

If you have the time, I'd love to read a hunting story or two about this :)

Welcome to the forum!
Plenty of good people here!

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community.

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColetteJ48

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?