Has anyone use Dan Martin of Reflections of the wild taxidermy out of deer park Maryland?

Zach Lape

AH member
Reaction score
Has anyone use Dan Martin of Reflections of the wild taxidermy out of deer park Maryland? Im looking for a taxidermist for my 2023 trip and it looks like he does quality work at a good price.

I am considering using him as well so I searched for him and found your thread. Did you use him? If so, how was it?

I used them for my 2019 trip and have nothing but good things to say about them. Also have stuff with them now from my 2023 trip. Below is the link to my favorite mount he did.

That mount is GREAT! Thanks for sharing. I am pretty sure now that is who I am going to to with. I'm just waiting for them to price up the worksheet I gave them. Kudu floor pedestal. Gemsbok, Impala, Blesbok 3 in 1 floor pedestal. Blue Wildebeest mounted to a floor shield with spears, a 3-D Zebra wall mount (Like my avatar picture), and a full size Honey Badger. That's my wish list. I know they will be more money than having it done in Africa, but maybe not after figuring in the shipping of 3 floor pedestals.

Yes I did end up going with them. I’m waiting for the animals to come out of South Africa so no pictures but they did my New Mexico antelope and did a great job.

Thank you for the info. I have high ceilings, but running out wall room quickly. I was curious, just in case I shoot one on my next safari.

Dan has done numerous mounts for me including full size black bear, shoulder mount black bear, red stag, he does amazing work. I actually have a black bear with him now being made into a rug. Dan is a quality individual, his wife Missy is a delight as well. I believe Dan has been to Africa 16 times now so he knows what African animals should look like. He pretty much just specializes in African mounts these days.

Dan has done numerous mounts for me including full size black bear, shoulder mount black bear, red stag, he does amazing work. I actually have a black bear with him now being made into a rug. Dan is a quality individual, his wife Missy is a delight as well. I believe Dan has been to Africa 16 times now so he knows what African animals should look like. He pretty much just specializes in African mounts these days.
I agree with Dan although he hasn’t done a ton of work for me yet they are both very pleasant to work with. His wife even remember what kinda mounts I was thinking after an over a year

I'm still waiting to hear from them with my cost sheet for my June trip. If the price isn't crazy high, I hope to go with them.

They’re definitely on the cheaper end of some of these big shops. When I priced a kudu out when I booked my trip they quoted me over 500 dollars less than a big name shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.