Hallo from Austria

Horrido, Großgott Waidmannsheil aus Rheinland Pfalz!

I am hunting Tyrol for birkhahn on the 18th of May, and Hungary for reh in July.

Waidmannsheil aus den Karawanken + auf den Kleinen Hahn
It‘s nice to hear some „Mothertongue“ here under mostly fellow American Safari hunters
As my Roebucks are still grey I‘ll go to lower regions in Slovakia to hunt some bucks end of May

Welcome aboard!

Waidmannsheil Grat,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.
The owner of Khomas Safaris (Philip Hennings) speaks German … as well as at least 3 other languages but, German is his #1 family language.

You live in Ferlach, I say bravo.
What a wonderful resource to live in the middle of.
The one and only double rifle that I own is from there.
It’s a Franz Sodia, caliber .375 H&H (see the below pictures).

Hopefully you will post some pictures of your roebuck, stag and boar hunting some day in this forum.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8715.png
IMG_8720.png
IMG_8722.png
IMG_8721.png
IMG_8848.jpeg
IMG_8904.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got warm today almost 20 C. Bucks and does all over the fields. My daughters birthday is tomorrow and I am going to Austria next friday. I think I might sit a few nights this week and see if I can pull a reh out of the forest.

I wish I had a field revier.

Waidmannsheil Grat,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.
The owner of Khomas Safaris (Philip Hennings) speaks German … as well as at least 3 other languages but, German is his #1 family language.

You live in Ferlach, I say bravo.
What a wonderful resource to live in the middle of.
The one and only double rifle that I own is from there.
It’s a Franz Sodia, caliber .375 H&H (see the below pictures).

Hopefully you will post some pictures of your roebuck, stag and boar hunting some day in this forum.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

View attachment 604503View attachment 604504View attachment 604505View attachment 604506View attachment 604507View attachment 604508View attachment 604509View attachment 604510
Thank you- nice double rifle

Nice to be in an interesting Forum. I hope to get more Informations, knowledge about hunting in Africa. Have been there as a hunter 3 times- now planing for 2025.
One of my favorite hunting areas are the Carpatians I hunted a lot there, as well in Hungary- mainly for stags and wildboars. So if I can give informations to some of you about hunting in this areas- don‘t hesitate.
Regards from Ferlach ( I‘m not a gunsmith but know most of them)
Welcome to AH

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElbertWadd

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?