Greetings from central Georgia!

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hello! Like so many others, I have been lurking here for years, reading, learning, dreaming. Like most here I love firearms and dream of hunting in Africa one day with a fine rifle companion.

I don’t know if I will ever make it, but I have my rifles ready. The top is a Winchester model 70 in 7mm rem mag that I restocked a couple of years ago, and the bottom is a Ruger Hawkeye African that I just picked up in 280 Ackley improved. I have hunted with a 280 Remington for 30 some odd years and when I saw the Hawkeye African in 280 Ackley improved I had to have it.

I’m a sucker for a rifle with iron sights nice bluing and pretty wood. The Ruger stock is plain but functional.

I also dabble little in knife making and feel a knife should be like just like a rifle…..a good companion that looks good and functions well.

Thanks for a great site and your generous sharing of knowledge. I don’t have much to contribute but I look forward to listening and learning.
615239E0-8CB2-41FC-B2AF-43D11E098C3A.jpeg
2221D8DF-6CF1-4D62-A18E-B90F5112CF43.jpeg

Welcome to AH CBeck! Glad to have you join the posting side.

Welcome aboard!

CBeck welcome to AH. It is obvious that you fit right in with this group. I'll bet you've got a lot more to contribute than what you think you do. I used to think that hunting Africa was a "Rich Man's" sport. Let me tell you that just isn't true. Re. your knife making, do you use finished blades or make your own from "scratch?"

Re. your knife making, do you use finished blades or m

Well, I do both….semi custom and full custom. Depends on what is required.…. These are all blades almost ready for heat treat that I ground myself. However, there are some really nice blanks available as well and it doesn’t hurt my pride to use them.

I have so many people that want a nice knife, something unique that you can’t buy at a store but don’t want to spend the money for a full custom, and that to me is where pre made blanks fit in.….and even at that, quite often I will re-profile the blade or the handle to make it more to my liking. Semi custom knives if you will.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to AH. Love the Win 70 stock!

Hello CBeck,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome glad to have you on board. Love the wood on the rifles and the knife.

Welcome to AH!

Giday CBeck and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome aboard, where in central GA are you? I live in Middle GA as well.

Welcome to AH. Love the Win 70 stock!
Thank you!

I was fortunate enough to pick up several model 70 high-grade stock blanks when the Winchester factory was closed. I added the Ebony tip and grip caps, cross bolts, finished shaping the stock, oil finish and then had Jesse Kaufman do the checkering for me.

I have 3 or 4 more that I need to find rifles for!

5CCCDF51-0C41-4686-8A37-4EDA8625BCE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Well then you’ll be The only one that knows it probably, I’m in Milledgeville. You?

We are neighbors, I'm in Bonaire.

CBeck, welcome to the AH forum! Glad you decided to sign up. Some fine looking “tools of the trade” you have there. Looking forward to seeing more of your craftsmanship.

Welcome to AH @CBeck ! You’ll find yourself on African soil in no time by joining a bunch of enablers as us! Looking forward to seeing more of your knife making too!

Cheers,

V.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.