Greetings from Arizona

Didn't see at first you were from Winslow. My wife and I took a ride last summer your way.

View attachment 566067
I know that corner well! Used to be a western wear shop there that had the best supply of work boots! Unfortunately it was lost to a fire.
Work keeps me in this neighborhood, but slowly migrating to my property near Williams.
Old 66 used to be a bustling atmosphere, but like so many other small 66 towns, is slowly being lost. The interstate sure didn't help the old downtown districts!

I know that corner well! Used to be a western wear shop there that had the best supply of work boots! Unfortunately it was lost to a fire.
Work keeps me in this neighborhood, but slowly migrating to my property near Williams.
Old 66 used to be a bustling atmosphere, but like so many other small 66 towns, is slowly being lost. The interstate sure didn't help the old downtown districts!

Welcome. My wife and I were standing on the corner 18 months ago!

IMG_1301.jpeg

Drive through your town twice a year, Whitby, Ontario to Buckeye, AZ and back.

Welcome to AH.

I have to believe the animated movie "Cars" was inspired by Winslow. I must say if I were in your shoes however, I would prefer to be in Williams. They got those tall pretty green things sticking out of the ground.......what do you call them.....oh yah...trees!

Not sure what I'm talking about being in your shoes, I am, but only my shoes are worse!

I have to believe the animated movie "Cars" was inspired by Winslow. I must say if I were in your shoes however, I would prefer to be in Williams. They got those tall pretty green things sticking out of the ground.......what do you call them.....oh yah...trees!

Not sure what I'm talking about being in your shoes, I am, but only my shoes are worse!
The trees were definitely the selling point! Had about enough of the high desert but.. Its home. 20 minutes south and I'm in the forest. No shortage of elk up here. Although, might be one shorter come December 1st!!
I do love the diversity of terrain in this state...

The trees were definitely the selling point! Had about enough of the high desert but.. Its home. 20 minutes south and I'm in the forest. No shortage of elk up here. Although, might be one shorter come December 1st!!
I do love the diversity of terrain in this state...
I was just up in Unit 10 helping my buddy’s son on a youth cow hunt. They were deep in hiding, but we eventually got one.

Welcome, certainly glad to have you here!!

Hello WinsAz,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare minute, I invite you take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

I was just up in Unit 10 helping my buddy’s son on a youth cow hunt. They were deep in hiding, but we eventually got one.
Nice! Always good to see the kids get started successfully. We are in 5B again for the late bull hunt. I gifted my tag to my grandson last year, and he got a nice 5x5. This year I just put him in on my application!

Hello WinsAz,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare minute, I invite you take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Will do. Thanks for the info!

G'day from Australia

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynSch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?