Gizmo Jr at Texas state shoot

Uh oh River Walk watch out, the Grimland’s are in town.
D0B070F0-ED01-44A9-B6C8-6E0B7C76DE1A.jpeg
813CB41C-1310-4A22-9226-9FAC48664847.jpeg
AF1921C2-3329-433A-B197-E41C19D4BC09.jpeg
D57AF6AC-F68B-46F6-BE96-C5617E79A251.jpeg
65A26BD9-9018-4C22-AE03-2F9FE4E62E36.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If your still downtown tomorrow, drop by my office.

Thank you that’d be great. I’m not sure what time he’ll get finished on his last shoot but we will try.

I've been to the River Walk and really enjoyed it. Wish your so success.

Good luck! You have every right to be very proud!

Taking the field for international trap.

73D714AB-3DF5-4A39-AEA7-F10F2D91D1B5.jpeg
481E37B7-865D-4C5D-82E6-DAF6CD467E88.jpeg
245394BE-8526-4604-8C1D-411A77CA47B9.jpeg
99DD9891-3D0D-435A-AC61-9131FD629F2D.jpeg

Very nice, congrats! That Air Force cap looks good on him. (y)(y)(y)(y)

I miss counted, his official score for International Trap was 36/50.

Very nice, congrats! That Air Force cap looks good on him. (y)(y)(y)(y)
Thanks, his goal is to join the air force and fly planes.

Wish your son the best, Erik.

Ok sooooo, after international trap and before whiz bang his gun started acting up again. His Sabatti Jaguar Gold broke the day before districts last week and we ran around frantically trying to get it fixed. My buddy at IGFA robbed parts off some showroom guns and we got it back going. It been giving him trouble off and on since so today I got pissed and he got a new gun.
Only about half the exhibitors are here and he shot several demos of various types. Ultimately he liked one of the CZ competition guns the best so viola! A new gun and a box of practice shells, ready or not time to shoot whiz band.
53F40ADA-F2DA-446D-9E16-FA0D2E59831B.jpeg
3D88EC58-38A4-4EAF-ACB1-835C8B37C740.jpeg
Gun isn’t finished fitting it to him and he only shot a 20/50. No biggie though. Afterwards we worked on adjusting the comb etc... to get him ready for American trap in the morning. He’s going to shoot with the CZ rep in the morning to try and finish getting it adjusted to fit correctly. In the mean time we’re burning ammo to try and get him as familiar as possible with it.

All guts to change firearms in the middle of a competition. I guess the alternative is guessing if your gun is going to work this time. Not great for concentration.

He has got some interesting stances in his shooting positions.

All guts to change firearms in the middle of a competition. I guess the alternative is guessing if your gun is going to work this time. Not great for concentration.

He has got some interesting stances in his shooting positions.
Well it was screwing with his concentration anyway because he never knew if it was going to fire or not and I have started having safety concerns. On the stance thing, he’s a more advanced shooter than I do I let his shooting coach sort that stuff out. I’m just a country boy who is self taught and not that good of a shotgunner to start with.

Thanks, his goal is to join the air force and fly planes.
I always thought I might have wanted to be in the Air Force had I not wanted to be in the military so much …………….. :W Cal 50:

Well it was screwing with his concentration anyway because he never knew if it was going to fire or not and I have started having safety concerns. On the stance thing, he’s a more advanced shooter than I do I let his shooting coach sort that stuff out. I’m just a country boy who is self taught and not that good of a shotgunner to start with.

If he is hitting anything with a brand new gun he should be commended.
An unreliable firearm is the kiss of doom in a competition.

Last edited:
I always thought I might have wanted to be in the Air Force had I not wanted to be in the military so much …………….. :W Cal 50:
Lol. Well there is two types historically in the family Air Force or Marines. We’ve had a few in the Army but they were the dumb ones. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:

If he is hitting anything with a brand new gun he should be commended.
Unreliable firearm is the kiss of doom in a competition.
He struggled during whiz bang with it. We adjusted the comb a little and he shot a practice round of trap. Went 22 for 25 soooo I think we are close.

Welp Seth ended this year’s state with an 89/100 in American trap. He started getting the gun figured out by the end. Thus ends state. He had fun! Drive into Weatherford tonight to stay with my Dad. Back to A town tomorrow :( It’s hoooooot tho

FC7BFC4F-890E-4AA7-945F-52188C916144.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgustinFit

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,