Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
A healthy choice for people and nature: Game meat is a first-class food that tastes delicious, contains little fat and is kind to the environment. To date, however, even hunters have made too little use of this natural resource, although conscious nutrition remains a strong trend. That’s why Leica Sport Optics is keen to explore the topic of game meat in a series of articles.

Over the course of human history, the face of hunting has changed. Modern hunters of the 21st century must come to terms with their role as a “food entrepreneur” in addition to other, constantly growing challenges. A new and complex topic is the EU regulations and assessment criteria that are intended to ensure the high quality of any game meat that is sold and to guarantee a transparent marketing chain and complete documentation of origin in the interests of consumer protection. Many hunters perceive these regulations as a financial and organizational hurdle. For the consumer, however, the regulations are quite useful: Just as we hunters expect high quality when buying non-game meat, the quality of game meat is thus further improved and benefits the reputation of domestic game in the long term.

L1020796.png

The origin and sustainability of food – especially meat – are increasingly called into question. This is where game meat from local forests and fields comes into play, as does the rediscovery of self-sufficiency overall: tending a vegetable garden, for example, or foraging for wild herbs, mushrooms, and berries in the great outdoors. According to surveys, more than 80% of German citizens consider game meat to be a healthy and sustainable food. As a natural dish, it is more popular than ever. In addition, posts on social media, specialized cookbooks, and campaigns by the hunting community, such as the German Hunting Association’s “Wild auf Wild” (“wild about game”) campaign, ensure that game meat is being enjoyed more frequently. At the same time, game meat has been recognized as an ambassador for sustainable hunting and, as such, has gained prominence in the hunting industry’s communications throughout Germany and, in some cases, across Europe.

MG_8669.png

Leica Sport Optics will be working with Leica hunters to show how easy it is to incorporate game meat into everyday menus. In the past, game was the privilege of the elite few who had access to it. For the majority, such dishes were a mystery. At most, the classic saddle of venison was served to celebrate a holiday. Today, things are different. Game meat is appearing more and more frequently – even in quick everyday meals. Pan-fried, grilled, or as a burger, it’s winning over German kitchens with a wide range of variations.

DSC9436.png

We will be looking forward to reading more about your Game Meat sustainable ambassador for hunting program.

Lon

Without a doubt game meat will grow in popularity and hunting will become recognised as a food source more and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?