Flying thru Qatar with a firearm

randallhebert

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Is 3 hrs layover enough time to get through Qatar with a firearm

Are you flying on the same ticket to your destination?

If your bags are checked thru on Qatar no problem. On my last trip with 2.5 hour layover no issues with bags being on flight. Qatar is very strict how your guns are handled. Each time my boarding ticket was scanned they checked to make sure guns where loaded also.

I had a 3 hour layover on Qatar last year…zero issues…

When I flew through last year I never saw my checked bag or rifle case, I had them checked through all the way to Joberg.

Going down I only had a 2 hr layover due to flight delay out of Dallas and I still had zero problems getting to my next gate.

One thing that I learned is if you are flying cattle class take your water with you. While service was alright trying to get a bottle of water was a pain and then all they had were the smaller bottles.

Yes. This is what many of us have done. The return on some itinerary's is 1 hour layover and it is no problem. Qatar is very efficient with the baggage. They do have the declaration that has to be filled out and presented on check in.

Yup. Just did my first round trip with Qatar, Seattle - Joburg. Everything said above is spot-on.
I'll use them from now on.

my bags were checked through on the way home and they made a 45-minute transfer in Qatar they are pretty efficient over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorcas5250

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,