Fitting Blaser R8 in Pelican 1700 - 2 Scoped Barrels

UpNorthMI

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Today was the day for cutting foam in a Pelican 1700 case for the Blaser R8 with a .375 H&H and a .300 win mag barrels. My son and I are both shooting the same setup except that his is left handed.

I marked the foam with a marker, then used a scalpel type knife for the short cuts and an electric carving knife for the longer cuts. First time having a go at this and it went real quick and well. The second case and foam cutting went even faster, now I think I’m an expert ….. lol.

My son is back from university this week so we are off to local airport customs office to sort out US paperwork and get paperwork out to Gacey travel who are sorting out out rifle permits for our upcoming May trip to South Africa.

Part of the reason for buying a Blaser R8 is the compact travel setup, the Pelican 1700 case is well sized to carry the rifle and 2 scoped barrels. The cut foam holds things so well, I have no worries of any travel damage in this case.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of Blaser purchase or travel case layout.
IMG_0183.jpeg

Nice job!

Nice job!
What calibers?

Now, when you have time to kill, set up the configuration for 2 stocks, 3 barrels, three actions (1 lefty) and scopes in your backpack. I did that on my last hunt. .375, 9.3x62 and .270 win. The R8 setup is really cool for travel!!

Great timing! I have the same set up and purchased some pluck foam. I actually have the case sitting in front of me, trying out a few different configurations

Nice job!
What calibers?

Now, when you have time to kill, set up the configuration for 2 stocks, 3 barrels, three actions (1 lefty) and scopes in your backpack. I did that on my last hunt. .375, 9.3x62 and .270 win. The R8 setup is really cool for travel!!
.375 H&H and .300 win mag.

I have a 9.3 x 62 barrel and have been deer hunting with it last season, planning to take it European driven boar hunting. It’s become one of my favorites..

Great timing! I have the same set up and purchased some pluck foam. I actually have the case sitting in front of me, trying out a few different configurations
I cannot claim that it was my layout or design, I found a photo online somewhere. Good luck getting yours cut and sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanpelt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.