Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA
Hunted
South Africa
Picked up my crate yesterday and still working on getting everything situated. I wanted to share my total costs for everything to give snapshot of what the expense is these days. Splitting Image did a fantastic job on the taxidermy and crating. I went with nearly all euro mounts as my house is pretty full as is. The only exception is a felted zebra hide

The total costs are evidenced in the attachments but to summarize:
Taxidermy + crating: $2420
Shipping: $735.21 -> Crate size is 38Lx17Wx26H inches. Weight is 127 lbs
Coppersmith: $1268.50

Total cost: 4423.71

I thought the shipping would be more than the broker / gov fees. That was a big surprise for me. I will have pictures up once I get my clips to mount the zebra skin on the wall in

badger.png
copper.png
splittingimage.png

Nice post, I think its great for people to see the cost of things as in a form of bill someone just got. I just did a Safari cost break down video on youtube and used pricing from Bager and Splitting imagne for my refrences they do a top shelf job and are great to workwith.

Reactions: MTA
What was the $1268.50 to Coppersmiths? Did they break it down? They have cleared 3 consignments for me and I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $700.00 at the most.

What was the $1268.50 to Coppersmiths? Did they break it down? They have cleared 3 consignments for me and I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $700.00 at the most.
Yea.. I wasnt too thrilled about that one. The USDA charges are higher than I was anticipating. This is my first time through the process and I didn't look at their suggested charge sheet until after it was all done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rusty Shakelford

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.