FEMALE Specific hunting clothes and other gear

It might. But what are the chances of that considering so many can barely boil water nowadays. So don’t hold your breath. lol
I guess I'm more fortunate than most then. Gina is a fantastic cook, she can sew quite well, loves to crochet as a hobby, shoots better than most (probably an understatement) both rifles and pistol, handles big bores quite well if they fit her, AND can save your life!

Get a grip Gina. Too many things seem to trigger you. I am starting to wonder if you should even be allowed to own a firearm. lol
@Vinootz
Stupidity and sexist jerks trigger me which you seem to have been blessed with double on both. Do not speak to me or reference me on the forum again. I have gotten to “know” you as well as I wish.

Does anyone know where Kate got the jacket and boots?
I actually posted the wrong picture, the jacket of course isn't tweed, but I agree it looks great. I'll try to find the tweed picture.
You will find this or very similar online at Purdey or Westley Richards, a tad pricey though, but excellent quality.
Also tey Farlows, excellent field clothing at a better price.

Here is a thread where we can share brands of clothing and gear that is specifically for ladies.

I thought it would also be good to share different ideas of what has worked for ladies hunting so we can have a resource here on AH.

I have personally had success with prana pants, nearly anything Sitka, and love my Crispi boots and my Courteney boots.

Sitka has a really cool Bino harness that is completely adjustable and I also use a Rick Young outdoors harness that is great!

I have a few tops from tag safari however, I have to get a men’s small to get good sleeve length.

Feel free to ask questions and post pics! We can gather a lot of useful information for our female hunting population here!

I have probably tried everything on the market and I am happy to answer any questions to help!

Happy Hunting (even if it is for hunting gear:) )

Gina
I am a "curvey" woman and I usually wind up buying men's clothing sadly. However, 5•11 does have some pants I like. I am a paramedic and their EMS pants fit well. The camo BDUs work pretty well for me. The most comfortable pants were Wrangler Mens stretch cargo pants. Cotton tshirts, columbia vented "fishing" shirts worked well also. I have Merrell hiking boots and tennis shoes with gators worked great in SA. Good luck my fellow huntresses.

My wife doesn't hunt but accompanies me in the blind from time to time. That being said, she doesn't have to have to have super durable clothing. Although, I'm hoping I can get her into bird hunting in the future. We live on a tighter budget than many so we try and find bargains when we can. I have bought her a few items from the Badlands women's line and can justify the higher cost as they come with a lifetime warranty. My daughters hunt but only occasionally.

Good subject, Gina.

Seems the Sitka merino hoody is popular, too. Very versatile.

... We live on a tighter budget than many so we try and find bargains when we can. ...
5.11 does have several 20% off sales during the year. They have both women's and men's lines. As a matter of fact I hit their labor day sale for 3 pairs of shorts for my hunt next week as my waist line has shrunk a few inches.

Kates boots are from DuBarry. High end of course. A few different styles. Also for men.

Kates boots are from DuBarry. High end of course. A few different styles. Also for men.
They wear pretty well.

full

5.11 does have several 20% off sales during the year. They have both women's and men's lines. As a matter of fact I hit their labor day sale for 3 pairs of shorts for my hunt next week as my waist line has shrunk a few inches.
If there is a 511 retail store anywhere nearby, they typically do a big sale every January after the Christmas returns are done.. I snatched up probably a half dozen shirts a few years back for 50% off.. and a pair of very nice boots for 75% off..

My wife was able to pick up a pair of pants and a couple of shirts as well.. I cant remember the discount, but Im guessing it was 50%..

I'm not gonna lie. I usually buy the Badlands when it's on sale for at least 40% off.

@Just Gina does the prana clothing do ok with thorns? I have a hunt coming up this summer with my daughter and sister, so I’m paying attention attention to this.
I’d like to find something that is a good balance between durable and quiet.

They have mostly used Kuiu clothing. The kuiu puffy coats were well liked, but that is for Montana fall hunting.
Kuiu rain gear worked great in England deer stalking over Christmas.
Lululemon is a primary choice for my daughter, but now I’ll have to ask if she has the right tans/brown/dark green for africa.
my Kuiu stuff does NOT like thorns at all (waterproof, lightweight warm hooded jackets would get SHREDDED in Africa...and PA and AK...) expensive and ltd. utility for me.

When out in CO visiting my daughter (she's in the process of giving birth at this very moment. I am saddened that she chose Nathan over Christopher!!! lol Maybe she's thinking of Tink's??) Anyway, she's a hunter/outdoorsperson and she used to get all sorts of great deals on women's outdoor clothing from Sierra Trading Post (now Sierra?) And, what's the brand Jim Shockey's wife peddles on his old shows? She Safari? There are quite a few specific-to-women brands out there...Some even tailored to fit you perfectly!

my Kuiu stuff does NOT like thorns at all (waterproof, lightweight warm hooded jackets would get SHREDDED in Africa...and PA and AK...) expensive and ltd. utility for me.
Kuiu is great for cooler weather gear. Summer stuff, not so much. Pic above, under the orange stuff I had 3 layers of Kuiu.

I was just about to post the same thing... got the email this morning from them...

Ive got one of their retail outlets just a few miles away.. Im thinking I might cruise over there tonight to see whats on the shelf..

Kuiu is great for cooler weather gear. Summer stuff, not so much. Pic above, under the orange stuff I had 3 layers of Kuiu.
K def needs an outer protective shield! i'm fond of 1 does it all as i often switch from hunting to loading firewood, etc etc etc and the K would be ripped to shreds. it's fine for hunting above treeline, but do you put the K away en route?? lol

I was just about to post the same thing... got the email this morning from them...

Ive got one of their retail outlets just a few miles away.. Im thinking I might cruise over there tonight to see whats on the shelf..
If Sierra, i got a GREAT deal on an insulated rain suit on the way to a deer/antelope hunt in WY (Ft. Collins, CO i believe) the weather report shifted dramatically and I had no raingear with me, so essentially picked up the prior year's brand new sitka ($480 msrp) for $90! the deer/antelope didn't seem to mind...

K def needs an outer protective shield! i'm fond of 1 does it all as i often switch from hunting to loading firewood, etc etc etc and the K would be ripped to shreds. it's fine for hunting above treeline, but do you put the K away en route?? lol
Their Kutana rain gear line is pretty sturdy. Take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!