FEMALE Specific hunting clothes and other gear

My wife's safari clothing is a bit of a miss mash of things. She LOVES her Dubarry boots, similar to those seen above in this thread and so eloquently modeled by @Tanks. She also loves her olive and brown Orvis bird hunting pants for safaris as they protect her legs very well from all the thorny bushes you invariably walk through. Her jackets and vest are from Barbour, Boyt Harness and Shoffel. For shirts she like the old style (100% cotton) Columbia fishing shirts. She also has some Sitka base and mid layers that she wears because they fit her well. She is an excellent bargain hunter and searches the internet and finds the more expansive stuff on sale.

So far this thread is mostly about clothing, but firearms are another specific need that ladies have. My gal Tina absolutely loves her Savage 11 Lady Hunter rifle. She looked for months trying to find a rifle that she liked, including the Weatherby Camilla, but fell in love with the Savage Lady Hunter the first time she handled one. We ordered hers from the Savage Custom shop in .257 Roberts and requested a barrel 2 inches longer than the standard Lady Hunter. It will shoot sub 1/2 inch groups with Barnes 100gr X bullets in handloads we made together.

So far she has taken Pronghorn, Springbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck and Steinbok with this rifle.

So far this thread is mostly about clothing, but firearms are another specific need that ladies have. My gal Tina absolutely loves her Savage 11 Lady Hunter rifle. She looked for months trying to find a rifle that she liked, including the Weatherby Camilla, but fell in love with the Savage Lady Hunter the first time she handled one. We ordered hers from the Savage Custom shop in .257 Roberts and requested a barrel 2 inches longer than the standard Lady Hunter. It will shoot sub 1/2 inch groups with Barnes 100gr X bullets in handloads we made together.

So far she has taken Pronghorn, Springbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck and Steinbok with this rifle.
My wife had a Savage 111 Lady Hunter in 270WIN and used it with 150 grain Swift A-Frames to harvest a beautiful kudu with a one-shot DRT at 100 yards high neck shot. I was (and still am) so proud of her.
1709335180149.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimmy 9.3

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !