Female friend and her son are travelling to Cape Town next week need ideas

Muskox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
I have a very nice, and very strange employee that used to be a H-60 pilot in the Army and was a Marine enlisted gal.

She sent me a request for vacation time for next week and I asked her where she was going. Her reply kind of shook me ' Cape Town, RSA".

Shit I thought.

First off she has zero plans. She is booked in a beach front hotel, then realized she should have said mother may I to someone who knew something about South Africa.

She already bought tickets to fly from Cape Town to Pretoria or Joburg so she could go to Kruger. But has nothing booked.

She needs someone reputable to drive her around in Cape Town. Please send a PM.

She also needs someone reputable to get her from Joburg to Kruger, and a reputable place to go in Kruger.

I know this is super last minute. She is a super freaking ding bat and does this to me all the time. I do not know how she got through flight school, warrant officer school and Marine Corps basic.

Hook her up with a travel agency, pay the piper and let them figure it out.

the best way to get around cape town in my opinion is the hop on - hop off tour buses... theyre cheap, safe, and run every few minutes on two different routes that take you to all of the tourist destinations, a couple of different areas with several great restaurant and shopping offices, etc...

if she wants to leave cape town and check out stuff in the surrounding area (Boulders Beach, the Cape of Good Hope, Seal Island, etc..etc..) honestly, I'd just rent a car and take myself there... I did that last July with my teen daughter and wife in the car and we felt perfectly safe doing that... the highways leading in and out of cape town are well maintained, and its pretty much a straight shot south from the city to all of the primary tourist attractions (you cant get lost) etc..

I wouldnt recommend the same thing in Joberg... its pretty easy to avoid the bad parts of cape town, the townships in the surrounding area, etc..

it would be pretty easy to make 1 wrong turn in Joberg on the other hand and find yourself somewhere you really didnt want to be within a matter of just a few minutes..

Look up Cornelia George on Facebook and message her. She does tours and is very knowledgeable and a great person that will take care of her. Don't know much about Kruger area

Uber works great in Cape Town. She needs to fly from Jo’burg to Kruger

I have a very nice, and very strange employee that used to be a H-60 pilot in the Army and was a Marine enlisted gal.

She sent me a request for vacation time for next week and I asked her where she was going. Her reply kind of shook me ' Cape Town, RSA".

Shit I thought.

First off she has zero plans. She is booked in a beach front hotel, then realized she should have said mother may I to someone who knew something about South Africa.

She already bought tickets to fly from Cape Town to Pretoria or Joburg so she could go to Kruger. But has nothing booked.

She needs someone reputable to drive her around in Cape Town. Please send a PM.

She also needs someone reputable to get her from Joburg to Kruger, and a reputable place to go in Kruger.

I know this is super last minute. She is a super freaking ding bat and does this to me all the time. I do not know how she got through flight school, warrant officer school and Marine Corps basic.
I would suggest that she contact Jennifer Gin at Travel Express. She was full of ideas and put things together for us on my last trip. My wife had not been to Africa before and I wanted to do some things to interest her. Jennifer is great!

Everyone seems to forget he's dealing with a Dingbat. Rent a car and drive around South Africa or any foreign country for that matter? You gotta be kidding. She'll wind up like those three naive surfers in Mexico or those dumb asses in Turks & Caicos.
Food for thought:

Americans kidnapped:

Anyone remember "Z" tags in Florida? Rental cars used to have that letter and alerted criminals to easy prey. I wonder if there's a similar tag tipoff to the miscreants in RSA.

When I lived and worked in Angola and Nigeria, we used Go2Africa.com as a travel agent. We used them for several photo safaris in Kenya, Bots, Zim and Zam. They also handled hunting trips to Nam and RSA, plus a trip to Cape Town. Wonderful, well organized trips.

Go2Africa had a driver with Ilios Tours (https://www.ilios.co.za/) meet us as we exited the baggage area in Cape Town airport and took us to our hotel. The driver was very professional, friendly and knowledgable. The car was clean and seemed brand new. We used Ilios Tours for a private driving tour a few days later. Can highly recommend them.

If they are going to go uo on Table Mountain, tell them to buy their tickets online, ahead of time.

If you need a phone number PM me

Frans Johnson

Frigo Tours

www.frigotours.co.za
+27 84 470 7457

Tours all over and around Cape Town. Can get you to some excellent and lesser known wineries. My go to driver when I'm in town and he's available. Tours, wine and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruby

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?