Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

Opposite of Einstein's quote, "Just because one believes something, doesn't make it true".

I rolled a truck once with my two boys inside. By the Grace of GOD we all walked away. The EMT asked me how I was feeling. I said;

I’m not sure but my asshole was chewing chunks out of the seat

I never want to be somebody’s first.

I’ll sleep when I’m dead

JES

Some dating advice given many moons ago by a Deacon-
"Date the whore, marry the virgin"
"There is an inverse ratio of position (rank) to intelligence". A grizzled old SGM I knew.

He's standing there like a cow looking at a new gate.
- My father in law
I heared this as “like a ram looking at a new gate.”
As a hint on somebody (usually boss): “he is known for his inquisitive look at everything new.”

Necessity leads the smart, but drags the fool

vegetarians, hypocrites and fools have the right to condemn hunting from a moral point of view.

I heard this with reference to Bernard Shaw (he was a vegetarian and an opponent of hunting), but I did not find this quote in his quotes. Nevertheless, the statement seems to me to be true.

"....because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know." -Donald Rumsfeld

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

“Shining like a diamond in a goats ass”….
- me

“Smiling like a dead pig in the sunshine”
- unc Rog

"....because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know." -Donald Rumsfeld

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain
Kamala Harris must be related to Rumsfeld. LOL

“One doesn’t often meet a violent man who has learned that violence is the last refuge of the incompetent”

“It is a fool who thinks a violent man who has embraced peace has forgotten how to be violent”

“Those who hammer there swords to plow shears will plow for those who don’t”

One of my dad's favorites when we would pass by an abandoned and dilapidated ranch house in some overgrazed, hard scrabble ranch land, "That looks like a real cold sweat and belly ache".

I haven't seen the movie but might sometime. I know some details about Oppenheimer's time in NM and don't want those realities to ruin the movie for me if too much is conflicting. Nonetheless, here's the famous and sobering one by Oppenheimer, as he quoted Vishnu, when later interviewed about his role in the development of the first nuclear weapon, "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YXDEva848

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….