European style plaques for skulls

Thanks so much for the connection. I went on face book and messaged him. he responded immediately. I bought one of his plaques for my buff Euro for $330 which includes shipping to me
I'll try that. A couple of that African design large enough to hold a buff would be special.

Very beautiful mounts @Red Leg, but can I agree with @Ontario Hunter to some extent. However, you've basically solved the 'angle issue' by hanging them rather high up. Nice to look at, and won't poke your eye out. :) In effect that is somewhat like having the skulls mounted lower, but at an angle.

I wish I had a bigger house... :E Sad:

Yes I to like the look of the African plaque for African game, could do a Aboriginal theme for a Aussie Buff, Banteng & Scrub Bull (some one will do this now) ?

Ahh another admirer of you Poster @Red Leg we spoke on that before, thank you very much for the pic of you very fine Sika Stag, looks to be very near if not full Sika Blood, the Manchurian/Dybowski Sika are the largest of the Sika line & far removed from the other smaller Subspecies.

I have hunted a fair few Yesoensis from Hokkaido & these are a little smaller but because of their numbers bigger stags can more easily be found, I also had a friend living in Ukraine who hunted the Manchurian Sika before the country was attacked .

Sorry for going off topic, great thread here on some darn fine plaques !

I tried to decide how to European mount my skulls from Botswana last year. The lower jaws were not included as I requested, but it was my bad for now specifying that on the order sheet. Here's what I came up with for the warthog and blue wildebeest. Both are flat mounted.

20231229_195047.jpg
20240309_151043.jpg
20240117_205309.jpg
20240120_151342.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I say, how to mount a "Euro" is purely a matter of personal taste. I think both whitetail and mule deer look superb mounted the way most Europeans actually mount them (along with fallow, sika, axis, and red stag.) The traditional European style also naturally goes well with art and traditional and antique furniture. I don't find that these look particularly goofy mounted in this setting.

View attachment 592142

View attachment 592138

Of course, the red stag is the classic Euro mount.
View attachment 592141
Beautiful room with displays, mounts, and prints all nicely done. Comfortable room to enjoy the fruits of your hunts in.

@Red Leg great room love the India hunting cars print - where did you score that one?

I'll try that. A couple of that African design large enough to hold a buff would be special.
in talking to him he said they are all hand carved and he sent me pictures of the work in progress with his work tools. It impressed me

I bought the last picture you show here. It will be hand carved which is so cool to me versus a plain plaque
We exchanged notes as well. Have you figured out how to do a wire transfer to the information he provided? :E Shrug:

We exchanged notes as well. Have you figured out how to do a wire transfer to the information he provided? :E Shrug:
lol! I had to make him spell out each line of my wire transfer otherwise lost. The swift code was easy. the rest i had him walk me through it

If you guys figure it out please
PM me. I would love one of these for the stag I shot in Romania.

I bought the last picture you show here. It will be hand carved which is so cool to me versus a plain plaque
Looking forward to seeing the final product.

For all 'the special" you have going on in your trophy room, the current buffalo plaques are bringing you down :LOL:. Stepping up the buff plaques game with a few of these, you will be in AAA+ territory.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not associated with the person in any way and know nothing about him but.... dude, has some serious Euro plaques out of Serbia. He also has Africa shield type stuff of all sizes.

View attachment 591917View attachment 591918
View attachment 591919

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010493864477

I've purchased plaques like these from Serbia, Ukraine, and Bulgaria. All on eBay. The good news is those Eastern European artisans do a fantastic job. The bad news is, the shipping is abysmal. Twice USPS had them in my town's post office for months without remembering to do final delivery.

I use the oval euro mount plaques for skull caps covered in wool plaid or suede leather. It's a very tasteful, low-cost way to present trophies with less space.

If you're going to buy these types of things, always best to order several to reduce the shipping.

For all 'the special" you have going on in your trophy room, the current buffalo plaques are bringing you down :LOL:. Stepping up the buff plaques game with a few of these, you will be in AAA+ territory.
come on Joe that deserves at least a chuckle!!!!

Yes I to like the look of the African plaque for African game, could do a Aboriginal theme for a Aussie Buff, Banteng & Scrub Bull (some one will do this now) ?

Ahh another admirer of you Poster @Red Leg we spoke on that before, thank you very much for the pic of you very fine Sika Stag, looks to be very near if not full Sika Blood, the Manchurian/Dybowski Sika are the largest of the Sika line & far removed from the other smaller Subspecies.

I have hunted a fair few Yesoensis from Hokkaido & these are a little smaller but because of their numbers bigger stags can more easily be found, I also had a friend living in Ukraine who hunted the Manchurian Sika before the country was attacked .

Sorry for going off topic, great thread here on some darn fine plaques !
For these animals, specially the scrub, can be OK a plaque like those of the brave bulls from bullfighting (corridas) that we use on Spain (but without the cord around with the colours of the breeder)
cabeza-toro-Herrumbroso-Victorino-Martin.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting, I didn't know they did that, does the little Brass Plaques tell how many Matadors he tossed ?

Thank you for posting .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.