Ethiopian through Addis to Victoria Falls Experiences?

Went through Addis Ababa again last night/yesterday. Had a fantastic experience! They went above and beyond to help me catch my flight. You need an least 2 hours between transfers. I barely made my flight with 1.5 hours between my transfer.

This is the show me your wares table!!!

20220904_072246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on recent overnight accommodations provided by Ethiopian on flights which connect the next morning? TWG is advising that they will assign us a hotel upon arrival, but with Patrick's departure from TWG we're having a bit of trouble getting a straight answer on the quality of accommodations provided, as well as the need/lack thereof for a transit Visa if we leave the terminal rather than pay extra to stay in a hotel in-terminal. Planning to talk to Steve at SCI next week, but getting a bit uneasy now that Patrick is gone from our account....

On way over in 2021 we were delayed 14 hrs from Toronto due to weather in Addis making connectors to Joberg impossible until next morning, Ethiopian organised our entry Visa's (Canadians must get to leave secure airport areas, normal is pay on way out, not sure about US citizens), hotel, taxi and all meals at no charge. Dropped us at hotel and picked us up next morning.

I cannot remember the name of hotel but it was definitely nice. Chef came to tables to take special orders of what we wanted to eat. Driver met us and took us for a personal tour of local area/city. Rooms were good as was a hot shower/food, service and travel provided. Information was clear about times and place to be next AM for return to Airport.

It was an unexpected treat, no issues with any service Ethiopian provided, most meals on one plane trip I have ever eaten.

Only complaint in cattle class, there were no personal seat ventilation and plane was a sweat box.

I have no idea of hotel in airport but would recommend option outside airport if given a choice.

MB

Ethiopia is a beautiful country! I wanted to do an overnight on my own but, it ended up requiring a visa to stay the night or leave the airport for a few hours.

Ethiopian through Addis to Victoria Falls -
How is it when waiting for a long time for the next flight at the Addis Abeba airport (for example, it is canceled or missed) and vaccination against yellow fever? Can I have problems entering Victoria Falls if it's been more than 12 hours if I haven't left the airport? Thanks.

Brandon, I flew the same route in June with a buddy, There were 4 hunters on the plane in Addis, they met us as we got off and took us downstairs to the Hole. 3 gun cases arrived with mine being lost. I missed the plane, had to overnight in Addis, they flew me to Joburg the next morning then on to Vic Falls after a 6 hour layover. My gun case showed up 3 days later, had to drive in from Matetsi to Vic and pick up.

A total mess!
Were you on Ethiopian end to end? When luggage gets lost I always want to know the full itinerary So we are sure who to blame!

All of our clients that have flown that route have been very happy. Personally I have not flown that route, but would have to qualms doing so.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syncro76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?