Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
In 2021 I had the honor to hunt an elephant in Namibia with Jacques Strauss of Kowas Safaris. Jacques and his crew did an outstanding job through all aspects of that hunt. It was an amazing event in my life that one day I might be able to tell in full through the written word. However, I am still gobsmacked every time I think of that hunt and my writting skills are not good enough to share that event.

Today, though, is about telling all of you that my import permit has been approved by the USFW. I am very thankful that my importer is a patient and persevering company. I possess neither one of those characteristics. I would venture to say that very few of ya’ll have those characteristics either. Go hunt elephants and just like hiring a Professional Hunter hire a Professional Importer. Get Your Elephant Home!

1696370596898.jpeg

1696370727213.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your perseverance and success! That's a really exciting announcement. I'm starting my process soon. Did you use Conservation Force or someone else?

Congratulations! Please post pictures of the tusks displayed in your trophy room! Once you get them back.

Congratulations, let's hope many more elephant trophies get processed by USFW soon.

:D Cheers:

Now the final part. Get them home.:P Cheerleader:

Congratulations!

Congrats on your import permit.
Please let us see your trophy when you finally get it home and on display.

Cheers and congratulations! What are you going to do with the trophy? Ie display tusks, barstools or bins with legs, anything with the leather, Africa display on ears etc etc? Or just a big shoulder mount?

Lekker man lekker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msprenger!

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.