Do hides and horns have to go to usda facility?

Don't get the USDA inspection confused with a USDA certified receiver.

All shipments go through the USDA inspection but then depending on what is in the shipment determines if it needs to go to a USDA certified receiver or if it can be shipped to your home or taxidermist.

All dip and pack goes to USDA facility. Just got stuck with that adder last week. USDA clearance fee of $312.28. And they did the tanning as well. Two skins. Two skulls.
my taxidermist wants to do the tanning, lol he is very particular

Don't get the USDA inspection confused with a USDA certified receiver.

All shipments go through the USDA inspection but then depending on what is in the shipment determines if it needs to go to a USDA certified receiver or if it can be shipped to your home or taxidermist.
That's what I thought it is just so confusing:eek:

Yeah, after ONE shipment I'm going to pass next time and buy a very nice (maybe two) custom rifles for what the taxidermy and shipping cost, and "mount" them above some 12x16 photos of the animals I took on the Safari. I'll still have the rifles LONG after the mounts I have end up in the basement or worse. LOL

I think I have two more trips to Africa in me. I have taken most of the big animals I want to take except eland and wildebeest. I plan on rectifying the wildebeest next year and will make a rug and euro mount. Hunt smaller antelope and predators have some mounted and some euro if they happen to be exceptional trophies. This should keep the crate and weight to a minimum.
My last trip will hopefully conclude with a GIANT buffalo making my last African animal the same as my first except a lot bigger. I will bite the bullet and have him shipped and mounted as a bookend to my first buff. Then sit back and tell stories and reminisce and remember when!

All incomplete trophies, I've been told, must be sent to a facility approved by the USDA. I know you should be able to have it transported to your house if you so choose, but that doesn't always happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.