Disturbing trend on TV

I have a legitiment question. Has anyone noticed a trend or fad for left handed people shooting a right handed bolt gun ?

I’m left handed… all of my bolt actions are right handed…

I simply grew up shooting right handed rifles because that was all that was available to me at the time and stayed with it… righty’s are also obviously much more commonly available in pretty much every make, model, and caliber…

I have a legitiment question. Has anyone noticed a trend or fad for left handed people shooting a right handed bolt gun ? I once saw a know it all hunting buff this way and after several shots he got in fairly close and the shot went click— no shells— I quit watching
I'm left-handed and I grew up using a right handed semi auto shotgun, I don't even notice the shells going past my face with it or others I've used. And in 2018 I used a right handed rental on a hunt in the East Cape. The bushbuck, eland and duiker I took with it didn't seem to notice I was a lefty. The bolt wasn't a big deal and I contacted my PH to know what model rifle he had so I knew what safety I had to deal with. A little practice with a friends rifle and I was up to par. I saw a video on Youtube of a lefty hunting buffalo with a right handed rifle. He cycled that rifle faster than almost anyone I've seen. The key- Practice. It sounds like the yahoo on the tube would screw things up whether they had a right handed bolt or lefty.

Last edited:
I got an subscription on MyOutdoorTv. Mostly watch European shows. Most American content is not my thing to be honest. But to be honest there are a few I like. Like Rugged Expeditions and most of the content of the MeatEater crew.

Get smart TV (watch anything you like!) Get rid of cable/satellite/etc. Est. Savings: $175/mo; $2,000/yr; $20,000/decade. Go on safari 1-2x per decade using the savings. -no charge

*it's the little things that rob many Americans: (hit DD or SB for coffee & sandwich/doughnut/etc.; same applies to McDs-when you can pack your own, better lunch each day at work.) $15/day; $300/mo; $3,600/yr; $36,000/decade-get rid of your fast food and you just added 3 add'l. safaris/decade. Of course, if you invest the savings wisely, you'll eventually be paying for safaris out of the interest alone!

This logic can be applied with every bill you receive, to varying degrees. As one author wrote; Your Money or Your Life!

**Don't EVER Vote Dem; Under Jose Bi Dem, I lost about $400,000. That's a lifetime of Safaris, possibly including a custom Landcruiser!
I spend all my money on booze, women and guns. The rest I waste on nonsense.

Cheers

I spend all my money on booze, women and guns. The rest I waste on nonsense.

Cheers

although i'm not a qualified financial planner, based upon experience (excepting the short term gains) i see long-term returns on approximately 33.33% of those investments!

While I do watch more than I should but the news makes me want to vomit and don’t want to watch people looking for Bigfoot and things like that. I mostly pay attention to the Africa shows but as soon as they start coursing game with a truck and shooting from the high seat I go back and watch
The history channel or something like that. My internet isn’t good enough to stream so I’m at the mercy of a satellite dish.
Don't knock people looking for Bigfoot. Even if they did see one, no-one will believe them! I guess I could do a couple of Gummies and take a picture of my dog and say it is a Sasquatch!

Morning on the whitetail hunting show, as you see perfectly filmed video of a deer quartering too and the hair puffed at the last rib..... "That was a good hit Good hit. Yea it might be a little far back but... It's a good hit!" "We're going to just give him a little time"... the next morning they find a deer chewed up by coyotes.....

I like This is Africa, Tracks accross Africa. Most of Jim Shockey's stuff but not that BS where they sit in the studio talking. Always liked Under Wild Skies. Rugged Expeditions.

Difficult to stomach most pig and whitetail hunting shows.....
I wish they would cover the Precision Shooting matches! I would rather hear the hit of a metal target than watch an Elk get shot at 600 yards! That is not hunting, that is cowardly!

On YT I found many Ray Mears episodes and they offer a lot of good series also .

Don't knock people looking for Bigfoot. Even if they did see one, no-one will believe them! I guess I could do a couple of Gummies and take a picture of my dog and say it is a Sasquatch!
:unsure::A Whistle:That might work....add what appears to be a tore up campsite in a remote wooded area, a hint of distortion and light fog to the photo; convince enough people; might be able to finance your next 20 day multiple DG hunt in Africa. :LOL::LOL:

:unsure::A Whistle:....wonder if one uses a GoPro to make a 15 to 20 second video..... hhmmm....that might finance a 30 day trip for the Big 5 or even the Dangerous 7 provided a book deal is made. Of course the totally fictious book would have a super fine print disclaimer on the back of the very last page stating this is a hocus to avoid any legal reproctions.:E Rofl::E Rofl:

I am soaking in these suggestions! You may have to send me your address because after my wife hears about this hair-brained plan, she just may be sending me and my Sasquatch to stay with you!
He will be, too, until the groomer calls with his appointment date!

Maybe some of the old guys. Will remember the early “American Sportsman”
Circa 1965. Great show for the time.

I saw one recent video of a braindead moron trying to hunt a captive bred lion with a bow & arrow. Rather than thinking about “How can I down this majestic quarry quickly & cleanly”, the host’s thought process seemed to be “So what happens when I shoot this lion with an arrow”. Needless to say, all he succeeded in doing was making the lion incredibly angry. I was hoping that the lion would be successfully able to rid the world of one more buffoon. Unfortunately his white hunter ended up saving his hide, right in the nick of time.

In my opinion YouTube has the best hunting content, TONS of options and you can pick and choose whenever you want. I haven't had cable since I left home at 18 for the Marines, I figure if I cant find something to watch on YouTube I need to find something else to do.
Totally agreed.
Pedro Ampuero is who I watch on Youtube.
Awesome guy, skillful, very fit , real hunting sometimes ending with disappointments.

Fixed it for you. Hunting shows are largely marketing mills designed to convince people they need XYZ product and gee whiz, here's where you can buy it. Sadly, like the rest of TV,
Very similar to survival magazines. You’d have to be a multi millionaire to afford most of it and how would you store or carry it all.

Maybe some of the old guys. Will remember the early “American Sportsman”
Circa 1965. Great show for the time.

Curt Gowdy was awesome. I grew up on the east coast and his show was the first that made yearn to live in the west.

Curt Gowdy was awesome. I grew up on the east coast and his show was the first that made yearn to live in the west.

Boddington have gotten many of these shows now as he writes. He just needs to have some time to get them digitally transferred from film and then uploaded .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmymike

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….