Jarrord

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Has any been over to africa in 2022
Unvaccinated and how is the process
And any advice,
I’m consider getting myself done to get over there but my father is having issues with it,
I’m wondering how is it dealing with traveling with out the vac

Thank you for your time
-Jarrord

I went a few weeks ago. Had to have negative test to get into South Africa with QR code and another test to get into Namibia. Getting one with QR code in US was challenging. There is a website that will provide a QR code for your test. Getting one for Namibia was a breeze. Can get at airport in Jo’burg.
The only negative, in my opinion, is you’re gambling your whole trip on the outcome of a test you take a day or two before you leave.
I would definitely have a good travel agent that deals with travel to Africa. I use Gracy, but I know there are others. May not need them, but definitely worth it if you do, if something goes wrong or changes are made at the last minute.

I went to Zambia 3 weeks ago. Just needed negative PCR within 3 days of departure. In Zambia they hardly looked at it. Flew from Chicago to Qatar and they looked more closely at the test result than in Zambia. I am unvaccinated and had no problems. The night I was coming home is when the US dropped the requirement for negative test regardless of vaccine status. I still had my test just because the new rule was so new. Leaving Lusaka they wanted to see the test but nothing when landed in Chicago. Ham

Flew in May/June. No issues as long as you have a PCR test no more than 72 hours before departure. Needs date stamp is all. If you can get with QR code also it helps.

What if you test positive? Vacation scheduled, deposits made, airfare paid for, rifle permits, etc? Feel fine, and test positive. Happens all the time. Is there a negative test to be bought in the US? Should I even be asking that question?

What if you test positive? Vacation scheduled, deposits made, airfare paid for, rifle permits, etc? Feel fine, and test positive. Happens all the time. Is there a negative test to be bought in the US? Should I even be asking that question?
I hope there isn’t.

I was pretty concerned the week going into testing. I asked the nurse not to go too deep which was the wrong comment. I think she went deeper and scraped my brain a little harder. My advice would be to test as soon as you are within the window and if you pop positive to test again the next day. Hopefully all the testing and proof of vaccine or negative test go away. I was really happy the US did away with it. Good luck.

Just take the fast test, its not accurate anyway best chance of getting a negative even when positive.

We just returned from 10 days in RSA (4 of us). No issues other than a negative PCR test to enter (make sure it has the QR code). No testing requirements for US citizens to leave (that changed on the last Sunday night we were there).
JRN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakester1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?