Cheaper than Dirt wont see anymore of my money!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I tried to order some 8x64s ammo from them just now and was told they no longer ship ammo to WA state due to impending new laws, but to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in the new assault rifle laws that would disallow shipping ammo here from out of state, in particular something like this ammo which is NOT related to assault rifles.
This really chaps my hide and is a problem because this ammo is very hard to find anywhere. A seller on GB has some and I will now have to bid on it, just to get some, slightly overpriced but beggars cant be choosers.
The only other place I have found some is SG Ammo and they are out of it.
Brass of course is nonexistent, I emailed S&B who makes the ammo and they said sorry, no can do. I found some in OZ but they cant ship it overseas.

What a giant PITA!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the problem is in Washington's HB 2519 that requires sellers of ammo to obtain a Washington state firearms license

Also requires ammunition sellers to obtain a state firearms license.

I can see where a mail order business would balk at it.

I could be off-base because all I know is from reading this thread but I think you need to blame your liberal, gun-grabbing state rather than the retailer. I'm sure the retailer would prefer to make the sale but it is, in their determination, not worth the risk.

I think that the problem is in Washington's HB 2519 that requires sellers of ammo to obtain a Washington state firearms license

Also requires ammunition sellers to obtain a state firearms license.

I can see where a mail order business would balk at it.
That never passed, its dead and buried.

Have you checked with some business in Idaho or Oregon to have the ammo shipped to?

That would give you a road trip to pick the ammo up.
Hi James, long time no see! No, I have not given that any thought, dont think I will. I am sure I can turn something up, but it will be hard to find anywhere.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I think the the tards finally learned something. They don't actually have to do anything, they just have to have a credible threat of doing something. Businesses require continuity and predictability in order to function.

From Federalist #62, by James Madison
The internal effects of a mutable policy are still more calamitous. It poisons the blessings of liberty itself. It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood: if they be repealed or revised before they are promulg[at]ed, or undergo such incessant changes, that no man who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow.

That was just the first thing that popped up on a search.

Looking further into it it looks like they just don't want to deal with the state of Washington's gray area regulations.

I can't remember which mailirder business it is but they won't ship knives to Colorado because of a stupid law that we have.

I tried to order some 8x64s ammo from them just now and was told they no longer ship ammo to WA state due to impending new laws, but to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in the new assault rifle laws that would disallow shipping ammo here from out of state, in particular something like this ammo which is NOT related to assault rifles.
This really chaps my hide and is a problem because this ammo is very hard to find anywhere. A seller on GB has some and I will now have to bid on it, just to get some, slightly overpriced but beggars cant be choosers.
Brass of course is nonexistent, I emailed S&B who makes the ammo and they said sorry, no can do. I found some in OZ but they cant ship it overseas.

Have you tried ammoseeker?? https://ammoseek.com/ammo/

Have you called Pintos? They were my go-to place when I lived in Renton. Super people.

I live in Maryland, most sellers don't know the law here either but they just avoid it. I can't fault them for not wanting to be legally tied up for 1 order. I get things sent to friends in VA and WV

Have you called Pintos? They were my go-to place when I lived in Renton. Super people.
No but the ammo is so obscure its highly unlikely a little store like that would just happen to have some laying around, very little demand for it, as rifles so chambered are exceedingly rare.

Blame the people that vote for it, not the company.
Sure, I do, but CTD taking the position they did is unwarranted. There are no ammo shipping restrictions here, they chose to do a CYA and they didnt need to.

With states making it easier for people to sue a manufacture or retailer for something that is totally out of their control I think that your situation will happen more often in a number of states.

Doesn't Washington have one of these laws in effect against manufactures? It seams like as I was looking at other things I noticed that they do.

I can understand more and more manufactures and retail stores covering their rear ends just to keep out of the court system in areas where a jury may award a plaintiff a very healthy sum just because they don't like firearms and or anything associated with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)