Charles Lancaster 375

SWS1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Around 18 months ago now I was looking to buy a ‘lifetime’ .375. Intention was to get something that I and then my children would enjoy. I’d been looking at Heym and Rigby. Tom at Rigby Australia was really helpful and we’d spoken about options when an old hunting buddy put me in touch with Tod at Charles Lancaster.
Tod and I had a couple of conversations and he drew up a spec sheet and the deal was done…. Fast forward a year and she was ready to make the trip down to New Zealand. The communication was spot on throughout the build as were the recommendations over what to and what not to spend money on.. unfortunately due to customs being a pain here she just missed (by mere minutes) hunting water buffalo last year but she is coming to Chase banteng and water buff in September and tempted to take her for a Sambar in June.
Initial groupings (without load development to select powder are pleasing) and I’m looking forward to getting her tested out further.
Photos are from just before she was shipped here
Could not be happier with her

622150c8-a329-4fb4-9f47-2d0f8f5fbd30.jpeg
cc76f0ed-a792-48e3-b69b-8e97dbf15c63.jpeg
8f006cac-9c93-435b-96b7-80f0f4988bdd.jpeg
3d530c67-6704-4785-ad29-d241c4afaccd.jpeg
f737be7c-1daa-4ef6-a2ef-f62aacc7c258.jpeg
8403e364-9f13-42a6-a710-b0f1bcf174f0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking rifle

What a lovely rifle and perfect for buff , banteng and Sambar . Really like the H&H type QD scope mounts .

That is a beauty! I'm very happy for you!

Congratulations! That is an amazing working heirloom rifle!

Proper, nicely done

Around 18 months ago now I was looking to buy a ‘lifetime’ .375. Intention was to get something that I and then my children would enjoy. I’d been looking at Heym and Rigby. Tom at Rigby Australia was really helpful and we’d spoken about options when an old hunting buddy put me in touch with Tod at Charles Lancaster.
Tod and I had a couple of conversations and he drew up a spec sheet and the deal was done…. Fast forward a year and she was ready to make the trip down to New Zealand. The communication was spot on throughout the build as were the recommendations over what to and what not to spend money on.. unfortunately due to customs being a pain here she just missed (by mere minutes) hunting water buffalo last year but she is coming to Chase banteng and water buff in September and tempted to take her for a Sambar in June.
Initial groupings (without load development to select powder are pleasing) and I’m looking forward to getting her tested out further.
Photos are from just before she was shipped here
Could not be happier with her

View attachment 581045View attachment 581046View attachment 581047View attachment 581048View attachment 581049View attachment 581050
stunning stock!

Very beautiful rifle. Congratulations!
Would you be willing to share the spec sheet? I'd love to see what the possibilities are when working with Lancaster for example.

Thant is a lovely piece of firewood they carved the stock from. Looks like the metal work is in the same class. VERY nice lifetime 375. Look forward to reading hunt reports with it being leaned against harvested game.

She’s a beauty ! Mayfair Engineering Magnum Mauser action ?

Great looking and in an all-around caliber! Well done.

Very beautiful rifle. Congratulations!
Would you be willing to share the spec sheet? I'd love to see what the possibilities are when working with Lancaster for example.
Here is my Spec sheet
We tweaked it a little but this should give you a good idea.
They were so good to deal with that I’ve already ordered a double

IMG_0625.png

She’s a beauty ! Mayfair Engineering Magnum Mauser action ?
Magnum action with a loading cutout on left side of receiver? I would have guessed a military action?

Edit: OP just posted the specs sheet. It is indeed a military standard action Mondelo Mauser, presumably 1909 as the earlier model did not have cutout. Does it cock on closing?

Last edited:
Yeah not bad for a 375.... ;) :E Big Grin:...Good to see it finally arrived :D Beers:
Frustrated that customs held her up though and that I couldn’t hunt in Aussie with her! They cleared it as I was passing the other way through passport control… missed out on hunting this with her.

IMG_1513.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young35E89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,